Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My aunt had chemo yesterday. She is taking carboplatin and…

My aunt had chemo...

My aunt had chemo yesterday. She is taking carboplatin and placlitaxel. She stated that she is experiencing indigestion type symptoms - no pain. Is this something she should seek medical

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

She stated that chewing gum is wasting the symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Auitocorrect making the symptoms ease up a little

3/15/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Indigestion like symptoms , nausea and vomiting are side effects of chemotherapy and would get better on its own so nothing much to worry about. She can take ginger tea for relief. If symptoms do not improve then do see a doctor.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Consultant
Phone call session started