Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was reading the thread about BP. Mine was 160/103

Hi. I was reading...

Hi. I was reading the thread about BP. Mine was 160/103 yesterday and 167/90 today. Should I be safe in waiting on my primary care appt. or seek more urgent attention?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?

It was 157/90 in Dec. Other than that, I'm usually normal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just had Glucose and cholesterol tested. both good/normal. BMI is 42, but started with a nutrionist today. Just some heart burn and a little tight in chest and tired. Figured it was allergies.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

thank you

What is your age & gender?

Since how long are you having high blood pressure?

Thank you

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

You need to go to ER.

The normal range for blood pressure is-
Systolic should be Less than 120 and Diastolic Less than 80.

Prehypertension- Systolic between120–139 and Diastolic between 80–89.

High blood pressure consists of 2 stages-
Stage 1- Systolic between 140–159 and Diastolic between 90–99
Stage- 2- 160 or higher and Diastolic 100 or higher.

Your blood pressure is in stage 2 & this requires immediate treatment.

An elevation of the systolic and/or diastolic blood pressure increases the risk of developing heart (cardiac) disease, kidney (renal) disease, hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis or arteriosclerosis), eye damage, and stroke (brain damage).

You should not wait for your primary care appt & need to go to ER now.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
thank you.

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh