Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Have like a skin tag on my thigh for like five months.

Customer Question
Have like a skin...

Have like a skin tag on my thigh for like five months. Should i b concerned

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/15/2018
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,i am Dr. Aren,I have over 37 years of clinical experience,I will help with your query.Skin tags are known to develop as we age and by themselves are not suggestive of any serious disorder.The skin tags have a tendency of being sore or bleeding when rubbed hard against clothes or with other thigh.If the tag is independent,it can be easily removed/cauterised after local anaesthesia by your PCP/GP or surgeon.It is a simple procedure and your doctor can usually perform it himself or refer you to a surgeon.

How would I know if it is something more serious than a skin tag
It looks like a skin tag ..I really dont know
Well?
Ok so I am not going to get an answer?
Dr seen did you see my follow up questions

Can you attach a photograph of the area?

I dont know if it is clear enough

This is rather blurred,,this looks more like a pimple.

See this one

Skin tags usually have a neck/stalk.This is short and stocky.May be a skin tag ,is there any pain/irritation in this?

I sent another picture
Nope
It has a short stalk not long
It started like a tiny pimple then became this
It is still small tho

If it is not causing a problem and not growing in size,you can leave it in place.This can easily be excised /cauterised under local anaesthesia by a surgeon/Dermatologist .

Is it common for them to appease out of the blue

Yes, they can occur as we age.

Could something like this become malignant, is it perhaps a mole or gro wth

Highly unlikely to be malignant,probably a wart or a skin tag.