Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Age86.Runner.Superb health.Pulse 60. BP125/80.Since 20

Customer Question
Age86.Runner.Superb health.Pulse 60. BP125/80.Since...

Age86.Runner.Superb health.Pulse 60. BP125/80.Since 20 occasionally l think my heart races& feel l want to catch my breath & MIGHT be going to faint.So l sit down.Once 30 yrs ago,warned wife but didnt faint. l ALWAYS think my ears are feeling hot. This 2 or 3 times a year. Once30 yr ago maybe 5or6 in a month. What is it. l did 5K in 45min inJan. Easy.!So What is this?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

No one all liveto 90

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My engineering classmate was 40yrs a cardiologist. No one can diagnose. & They dont know why ears seem hot

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/15/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Is there any family history of cardiac rhythm disturbances>

2. Do you sweat during those episodes please?

3. Do you have any shaky hands or tremors during such episodes associated with ears being hot?

4. Has people who see you during the episode commented if your face or ears were red during the episodes?

5. Did you feel palpitations during the episodes?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
l carefully gave ALL symptoms. Look &see how thorough.
1] No
2} No
3]No
4]No
5] l THINK my heart races but what l feel is ''Trying to catch my breath for a few seconds''. Think it comes on & be over in 8or9 sec
EVEN BAD ONE 30 YR AGO ONLY 10 OR 12 I'M GUESSING. & my ears SEEM hot
Hardly any ''hangover'' and l carry right on.immediately. GW

Hi...thank you for getting back with the relevant information and the requested medical history.

I feel that those were very brief episodes of autonomic symptoms and you need not worry at all.As such I should congratulate you for keeping yourself so fit at this age.

I am happy about it.

The only thing you may need, if it gets repeated will be a Holter monitoring to see for rhythm disturbance.

The most common reason for this will be a ventricular premature beats - which are harmless and are very common in general population please.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD