Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently Had severe pain in my me 2 nights ago where I…

I recently Had...

I recently Had severe pain in my me 2 nights ago where I couldn't bend it or move it it was not cramps and the pain went away however I just looked at the bend of my knee and have seen huge bruises. Wasn't sure if I need to have an alter sound to find out if it was a clot

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Everything is fine now just the bruises

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I'm pretty much healthy

3/15/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Did it develop spontaneously? Did you have any trauma?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any other past illness?
Did you take any medicine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm 52 and yes, It woke me up in the middle of the night I could not bend it or move it and it was excruciating pain it was definitely not cramps. The pain was isolated in the knee area only. I actually didn't think much about it after because I felt no pain the next day but I just so happened to look at the back of my knee and I have bruises all over and I had no injuries what so ever I am not on any medication right now but I did a week ago have shingles on my calf
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I'm a female

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Sometimes, bruise can occur without any known cause.
Blood thinner can cause it but you do not take any.
I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
Clot can cause redness, bruise.
You are right.
D-dimer assay, duplex ultrasonography & other tests will be necessary to check it.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do you think a clot could have passed through by chance? What would the acute short term pain possibly have been caused from? I just don't have the money to be doing testing if I don't have the pain right now I just wanted to find out if this is a sign of something more severe

Though it is not certain but I am sorry you need to get it checked by doctor.
You can visit a free clinic near you.
You can find a clinic near you by clicking on this link.
http://www.nafcclinics.org/find-clinic
Sometimes, there can be a bite from insect causing severe short term pain, large bruise.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)