Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have another question so if my husbands levels of

Hi I have another question...
Hi I have another question so if my husbands levels of methamphetamine were over 28,700? of the methamphetamine D, would that still be normal considering he takes Desoxyn?
I believe he is telling the truth... I didnt know that Desoxyn was methamphetamine. So is that a level of possible abuse or could it be that he is just taking his medicine as perscribed?
3/15/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

he needs testing for both ([AMP]/[MAMP]) ratio in the urine.

Desoxyn gives a ratio of about 0.1–2.6 amphetamine to methamphetamine

Desoxyn is an exception, which produces relatively high urinary concentrations following therapeutic use that are similar to concentrations observed following the use of illicit d-MAMP

https://academic.oup.com/jat/article/37/2/83/858027

is a good medical article about this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the amphetamine levels were 22,400?

that ratio is 0.78 and in that range

so he could be just taking Dosoxyn.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician