Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What can you do in regards to pain in both feet much more…

What can you do...

What can you do in regards ***** ***** in both feet much more noticeable in the left one from the balls of the feet to your toes. Been on my feet for 20 years doing landscaping for a living and never had this problem. Try all kinds of different things. Any advice. Kevin

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

6 weeks the longer I am on my feet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am bi polar(don't think that matters

3/15/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Do you have any other symptom? any swelling?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?

Did you take any medicine?

a little swelling after being on feet all day they hurt pretty much all the time lost my insurance so looking for some guidance tried inserts in my shoes used that machine at wal mart that tells where problem areas in foot are no medicine don't know what to take
no past illnesses

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There can be a few causes.
It can be due to a condition like metatarsalgia.
Injury to soft tissue or bone underneath like a stress fracture can cause it.
It can also come from an arthritic conditions.
Morton's neuroma or a non cancerous growth of fibrous tissue can cause pressure on nerve.
Sometimes, there can be plantar fascitis.
Excessive walking, exercise, ill fitting shoes can be factors.
A few tests like X ray or scan can be taken.
Treatment would depend accordingly.
Meanwhile , you can apply warm moist compress over it.
Sometimes cold application helps.
Analgesics with antiinflammatory actions like motrin or advil can be taken if there is no contraindication.
Properly fitting shoes with low heel & wide toe area can be helpful.
Orthotic inserts or metatarsal pads can be used.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)