Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have only been eating once a day for about two weeks. I…

Customer Question
I have only been eating...
I have only been eating once a day for about two weeks. I have lost weight which is good because I needed too ,but I usually eat three to four times a day . Is something wrong with me ?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Since you are eating something and also willingly with consistency I wouldn't say there is something wrong with you. In disorders usually, one can lose appetite completely and does not willingly take food and/or feels nauseated and often vomits involuntarily or self-induced.

If you needed to lose weight, then this might be a good change possibly healthy too.

Make sure you keep yourself hydrated and are on a balanced meal.

If you think you might be losing too much weight too fast i.e., more than 10 lbs in a week or have lost your appetite completely then you will need to see your doctor for an evaluation.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.