Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How should I interpret results of my blood test for

Second opinion] Hi. How should...
Second opinion] Hi. How should I interpret results of my blood test for Cytomegalovirus:it says - Cytomegalovirus (CMV), antibodies lgG 49.3 U/ml
3/14/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you upload full report here?

It's the only line in the report. I don't have it on my computer and it is not in English

This value of igG can signify a positive infection but you need to followup and get another test in two weeks to see thelevel again as rising level shows active infection. IgM antibodies might be tested as well.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

if in two weeks the level will be the same it mean that the infection was in the past, right? Only rising level indicates active infection?

Thanks for the reply.

You need to get igM or PCR test as well as igG alone can not rule out CMV.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
I see. Thanks

My pleasure.

Best wishes.