Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Bacterial vaginosis

Bacterial vaginosis
3/14/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Can you tell me your age?
What doubts do you have about vaginosis?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, are you available for a couple questions?

Hi, yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, so my test came back negative for bv and the doctor says she thinks it's yeast related. A month ago i took antibiotic for a uti and she said I had a little bit of bv but that would probably go away. So over the weekend I took this metronidazole gel because I didn't know what it was and I went to a clinic as it was a Sunday. Before taking that I had a raw, red patch right at the urethra with red, swollen inner labia and these tiny, tiny white bumps in the fold of the labia that went away with the gel. I also took a duflucan pill 3 days prior as I had an extra one and thought it might be a yeast infection. Now my clitoris is itchy and still swollen, red and inflamed. I have no pain with urination, just very itchy with slight burning. My doc gave me another duflucan to take so I'm just waiting to see if the culture comes back as yeast or not.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was concerned it was herpes, but my sexual partner had been tested and he was negative on everything and we have had no oral sex and he has never given anything to anyone. He just got out of a year long relationship. I'm a hypochondriac and I'm just worried. I can't tell if on the clitoris there is a small reddish bump that looks inflamed but does not hurt to touch.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've had no blisters, no pain other than the raw patch of skin that looked red and irritated at the urethra that the gel, metronidazole, irritated and tore away the skin even more. That's when it really hurt to pee. Now that i stopped that the skin is slowly healing. Can yeast infections cause the vaginal skin to get a rash?

Dear, for the symptoms that you manifest only impresses a fungal infection.
The clinical characteristics of their symptoms are not like those of herpes.
Having a fungus infection can cause inflammation of the glands of the vagina, in the vulva and generate these lesions.
Have you indicated creams with clotimazole?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I'm not sure what that is? Thank you for reassuring me. It does not sting to urinate, despite what looks like a raised, irritated portion of the clitoris and inner labia. I have been told with herpes that those lesions cause painful urination.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was just worried because I read that herpes doesn't always show up as fluid filled blisters but can show up as tears in the skin.

The antifungal he has taken is excellent.

But it does not immediately relieve the symptoms therefore the usefulness of clotrimazole cream.

Clotrimazole is a topical antifungal is a 1% vaginal cream and is applied every 12 hours.
Any irritation in the vulva by an infectious process generates pain in that area and more for the time it takes with the symptoms. passing urine, which is acid, through the vagina and clitoris irritates producing pain.
I understand your concern but if there are no antecedents of herpes is your partner does not have to be alarmed by this condition.

You want to send me a picture of the affected area?

would be very useful for the diagnosis. of not being able to, don't worry.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it private? I get concerned sending photos over the internet
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I get this cream over the counter?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I apply the cream topically to the clitoris?

Yes, you can get this cream without a prescription
Yes, you can apply it to the clitoris.
It may be suggested that you start applying the cream and after 72 hours you should notice an improvement in your symptoms, otherwise you should go back to the gynaecologist to visually evaluate your vagina,
If there is any doubt you can get tested for genital herpes HSV2

do you have any other questions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did get tested. Can I send you a photo, will it be made private?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My symptoms are nothing like what herpes sounds like.

After sending them, we notified our moderators who will eliminate it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My sexual partner also texted negative for hsv2. And I tested negative to it over a month ago as well

I think you should not be alarmed if the results are negative. that confirms that it is a vaginal yeast infection, it may be suggested to do a culture and antibiogram.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am trying to send the photo

Okay, let me have a moment.

can send an image more clearly?.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is this better
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Like I said, there is no pain with urination now that I stopped taking that cream.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe the yeast made tint cuts on the urethra which hurt when I pee, but that has cleared up
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing on the clitoris is sore. Just itchy and burn slightly at times

Dear friend, I have already evaluated the image and I do not print a herpes lesion, you can rest assured this is due to a fungal infection.
It's very likely the infection irritated the urethra, but I suggest placing the cream to relieve the symptoms

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I will try to go get that cream

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor