Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was on vacation in Mexico last week. We arrived on the 3rd…

I was on vacation...

I was on vacation in Mexico last week. We arrived on the 3rd of March. on Friday the 9th I work up very hot and head achey and with a rattling cough.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Daily and my wife is now worse. I have green flem I cough up. I bought some Caxicum in a Farmacia. Should I be taking ti?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have trouble with arythromiacine

3/14/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Do you have fever?

Do you have shortness of breath?

Running nose?

Are you drowsy?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Not a fever but a slightly elevated temp.
A little shortness of breath
runny nose
Feel really Low energy and spacey

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Your symptoms can be related with flu, and which has caused such symptoms. It is causing pain in throat and body ache.

To control this, please take the following steps:

1. Gargle with hot, saline water - mix 2 teaspoonfuls of salt in 1 glass of hot water and gargle thrice daily.
2. Steam inhalation - Take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some. Inhale the steam that rises from the water.
3. Drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily.
4. You can suck on hard sweets - the saliva trickling down the throat will be soothing.
5. Take Tylenol for general body ache/ fever. You can start at two tablets every four to six hours as needed.
6. You should take Antihistamines like Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC), Also take Decongestants - Sudafed 120 mg once daily(OTC) and Otrivin nasal drops 2 drops three times daily in both nostrils(OTC).

Yes, you can take Craxicum tablet, this would cleat any undelrying bacterial infection.

Please use above measures, for next 4-5 days, and you would surely feel better.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
thanks Dr. Josh Should my wife go to the Dr. She seems much worse. I'm worried about Pnemonia

It doesn't sound to be related with Pneumonia.

However, to remain on safe side and for peace of mind, you can get her clinically examined by her doctor.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

thanks again

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Thanks for using justanswer.com