Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My mom 72 is in great shape thank G-D, but has this numb…

Customer Question
Hi, my mom 72 is...
Hi, my mom 72 is in great shape thank G-D, but has this numb feeling in the whole bottom of both feet, it gets much worse when lying down that bothers her from sleeping. During the daytime while she's walking around is much better. The Dr. sees no issue with circulation and sent her for an EMG and to a neurologist. They found nothing, all they can offer is some type of epilepsy medicine that she won't take. What do you think it can be and where do we go from here?I already asked this in the past but nothing really worked. It's already going on 2 years.Thank you so much.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Well her symptoms can occur due to- Plantar fasciitis or it can be related with Metatarsalgia.

She can use below measures-

1. She can take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines, such as ibuprofen,naproxen it helps to prevent inflammation.
2. She should use metatarsal pads, these help to deflect stress away from the painful area.
3. She need to avoid regular exercise and reduce daily physical activity. This may be difficult for you, as per your profession, But adequate rest is very important.
4. Physiotherapy with local tendon and muscle strengthening exercises can be helpful
5. She need to use ice packs to the affected area for about 20 minutes at a time, several times a day.
6. When symptoms doesn't improve, then steroid Injections may be used These are injected locally and help to get relief from pain and inflammation.
7.In case all the above measures have not eased the symptoms, then She may be referred to an Orthopedic foot surgeon for surgical options.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh