Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

A test result showed that I am hepatitis positive. I have no…

A test result showed...

A test result showed that I am hepatitis b positive

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have no symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No bad history so far, I am just worried how I got contacted with the hepatitis b, but then I drink and consumed lots of alcohol in the past 15 years.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Do you have the actual results that you can send me? Hepatitis B is very difficult to interpret and is based on the presentation of a core antibody, the surface protein, and other proteins

Here is the result
Here is the liver checkup test

You should have a hepatitis Be antigen and hepatitis core antibody test done. The two of these tests will help differentiate if this is an acute or chronic infection. You can also have a hepatitis B DNA test done.

Do you have a specific question by the way?

I will try to run the hepatitis b dna done

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please I need you to interpret the liver result test I send to you

Your liver results are all normal. The AST is slightly out range. it is not of any concern. If you recheck them, it will likely be normal

Dr. Scott, Doctor
Ok I have rate u 5 stars.
Hello Dr Scott, I have gotten the result for the hepatitis b profile... below is the test result
Hepatitis B profile result
HBs Ag- Positive
HBs Ab- Negative
HBe Ag- Positive
HBe Ab- Negative
HBc Ab- Positive
Copy

You need to see a liver specialist as soon you can

Do you know if the HBc Ab was IgM or IgG?

I don’t know about the igm and igG

You should have your liver function tests recheck. You may want to seek out a hepatology or liver doctor for treatment

Those the result test mean I am acute or chronic?