Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What can I do about a sinus infection? about a week...no…

Customer Question
What can I do...

What can I do about a sinus infection?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

About a week...no problems breathing just a nagging cough (and wife)...

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

That's about it..

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/14/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear about that. So what other symptoms you have got besides the cough ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hacking up yellowish mucus..

Any fevers at all ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No..

Would like you to take steam as it helps with the congestion and helps moistening the airways . Take Sudafed with this . You may take Robitussin for cough.

If its yellowish then it usually shows bacterial infection and requires a course of antibiotic like co-amoxiclav, azithromycin or levofloxacin . This shall require a note from your doctor though .

I hope you feel better soon.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Go for Robitussin Chest congestion that contains guaifenesin which is an expectorant . It should help.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regards.

I hope you are great.

Please do remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page . Grateful for your time.

Stay blessed.

Regards.

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor