Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Woke up with numbness and tingling in both hands and left…

Woke up with numbness...

Woke up with numbness and tingling in both hands and left hand is still asleep?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Health has been great, never had this before.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Some osteoarthritis on collar bone

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Age and gender?

Are you on any medications?

Do you have pain in hands?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
67 female no prescription meds left hand still numb no severe stress or anxiety
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to leave for work quick answer please

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Well from the description such symptoms can occur due to-

Nerve compression, cervical radiculopathy, poor blood circulation .

In your case, most likely the cause seems to be cervical radiculopathy.

It is a condition, which puts pressure on the cervical nerves . It is related with disorder of soft tissues of the neck, such as the discs, facet joints, ligaments, or muscles.

You need to get detailed clinical examination and blood work. This includes-
-Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) tests
-Electromyography (EMG)
-Blood sugar levels, thyroid function tests, liver/kidney function tests.

The line of treatment is selected according to the cause.
For the time, you can take Tylenol and try to rest on a firm surface. Also you can take Vitamin B complex supplements. Gentle stretching exercises should help too.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor