Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Been coughing up and mucus for past 3months every time it…

Customer Question
Hey I been coughing...

Hey I been coughing up green and brown mucus for past 3months every time it happens my air ways start making a sound like they are blocked and I start coughing really bad and only happens at night or morning and when it's cold or if I'm exposed to dust or smoke. ?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

Nop nothing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have had slight Asthma since i was a child but never used any medication for it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
3/14/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 5 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
How frequently are you having the symptom?
Do you have any other symptom? chest pain? shortness of breath?
Any other past illness? Are you smoker?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

I am 25 male
The symptoms occur everyday some days less then other or hardly at all
No chest pain but shortens of breath and rough feeling in throat after coughing
No illnesses and was a smoker and am exposed to second hand smoke
Have not been to doctors I don't have a gp

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Green mucus can be from an infection.
Brown color can be from altered blood.
There can shortness of breath from it.
Chronic pharyngitis can cause discomfort in throat.
As the symptom is continuing for months, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
You can go to a free or urgent care clinic.
Blood count, sputum test, chest X ray can be taken.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.