Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can explain what may be the cause of armpit lump after a day…

Customer Question
Yes Doctor's Assistant: What...

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Can explain what may be the cause of armpit lump after a day i shave with clipper but i was also feeling not fine a day before i shave but lump did go away after 3 days.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

Soft

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

For 3 days in both armpit

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 5 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How large is the lump?

Is there any pain, redness?

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Your symptoms can be due to folliculitis or inflamed/ infected hair follicles.
You can now apply warm moist compress over it.
You can soak a towel or gauze in warm water.
Then you can compress it over the bump.
That would aid in healing.
Antibiotic cream like neosporin can be applied.
It is available OTC.
Neosporin would fight pus producing bacteria.
Those would help in most cases.
If it grows larger, I would advise to get it checked by doctor.
Oral antibiotics or prescription grade ointment can be needed.
For pain, anti inflammatory analgesic like Motrin can help.
Please take it after food.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the 5 star rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.