Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just took my nightly Valsartan med 240 mg but after taking…

I just took my...

I just took my nightly Valsartan med 240 mg but after taking it I am not sure if I already had taken it earlier. Will that cause a problem for me? I also take Metoprolol succ er tb 100 mg in the morning. I guess I am a little anxious to know if this is a real issue.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I do not have any symptoms of any kind....I just am wondering if I really did double up on my nightly med of 240 Valsartan do I need to be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not regarding this issue

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Our body tries to control variation of blood pressure by defense mechanism.
As you do not know whether you have taken or not, you need to check your blood pressure frequently.
If you feel any symp***** *****ke dizziness, lightheadedness, you need to go to ER.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you....I assume I can to to sleep without any big worry??

You are welcome.

Do you have someone to watch you?

No I do not want a phone call...the rest of my household is sleeping.... but my husband can monitor me.

It is not necessary to call.
It is an automated response.
Some customers want it.
It is website generated.

Alert you husband about it.

Check blood pressure after one hour.

okay...I just took my blood pressure and it is 129/71 pulse 66....this is in my normal range with my meds.
Thank you...you have been very helpful....

You are always welcome.

Yes, your blood pressure & pulse are normal.

Please do not worry.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)