Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a couple of small blisters on my penis, i am not…

I have had a...

I have had a couple of small blisters on my penis, i am not actuallt sexually active, so are they caused by me and lack of lubrication. my penis is ore and i have not done any self action for several days, i have washed it contantly and dried the area after each visit to the toilet. it is still sore, can i put an antisetic cream on it/ it is not swollen but does sting at times

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries, its not swollen

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not really i am a diabetic with diet control used to be tablets

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What is your age?

Are the blisters painless?

Do you do masturbation?

58 no there is some pain yes
basically ive paid money with no answers

Dear customer

Thank you for being online. I am almost done with my typing Please stay here,I am about to post the answer.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait.

The symptoms you have described of having a couple of small blisters on your penis can most likely be due to fordyce's spots.

Fordyce spots are a variant of sebaceous glands (the glands that normally produce sebum and are usually found within hair follicles).

These are normal physiological occurrences and are not dangerous. They are not a sexually transmitted disease and they are not infectious.

Next possibility is of folliculitis.It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.

Other possibilities can be friction/lack of lubrication. As you have history of diabetes this can also aid to these blisters.

Following is recommended for you now:
• Apply ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.they are available as OTC(over the counter) at your pharmacy without prescription & will help you greatly.

• Apply heat in the form of a warm wash cloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day increase blood flow to the area allowing to subside the inflammation.

All this will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor