Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was carrying a 4 liter pail tonight full with warm water…

I was carrying a...

I was carrying a 4 liter pail tonight full with warm water and I got this sharp pain on the left side of back of my head from my neck to the mid part of my head should i be concerned about it or...

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No I never felt that pain before it was the first time and no nausea after at all

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of I am female age 49 and my period ended yesterday and started back again today after I had the shooting pain in my head it's just a lite brown color now but after it happened it was pink I don't know whether that has anything to do with it but I thought I would tell u wat happened after

3/14/2018
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

Do you suffer from tenderness/stiffness in the neck?

Are you taking any medicines?

Any other medical illness?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

No tenderness in my neck but have a headache and my back hurts around the mid top
no meds I take regularly

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, you have strained muscles.

And I would advise you to take OTC Advil 400 mg every 6 hourly.

Your pink discharge would resolve in next 2 days.

Maintain a good hydration.

Also, do gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment on back and neck.

Do gentle stretching.

Warm compresses can be helpful.

Take rest and avoid any vigorous physical activities.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

I don't have Advil am I able to take Tylenol in replace till the morning when I can pick it up

Thank you for replying back.

Yes, you can take Tylenol now.
I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor
Thank u for ur help

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.

Take care

Welcome.
Kind Regards.