Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dr as i discussed with you that i am suffering acidity in…

Customer Question
Hi,Dr as i discussed with...
Hi,Dr as i discussed with you that i am suffering acidity in stomach and it get me sore throat as well as headache, does it give this and now i am geeing mouth thrush and small mouth ulcer.some days i suffer throat itching/sore with headache and some days i get well and i feel like i dint have anything. i get pain around my eyes and mid of my eyebrow area. i am totally scared and even my CT scan of abdomen (Attached reports). Since i had my un-safe exposure i have been suffering all this and it may be my fear. Advise me about my symptoms. i am taking dexilant 60mg, Dompy and one other antacid tablet and also i am using tripitizol.Kindly advise me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/14/2018
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome back. Actually, to answer your question, YES acidity in the stomach can lead to the development of a sore throat, thrush, and ulcers in the throat and the mouth as well. it can in some cases also lead to headaches of the sort that you are describing indirectly. Now given that you are on dexilant and the symptoms don't seem to be improving, it means that you should go for an endoscopy to diagnose the severity of the condition and whether or not you also have severe acid reflux. Secondly, i would also get screened for H.pyroli infection in the stomach which can lead to these sort of symptoms. This can be done via a stool for antigen test. This once diagnosed can be treated with the help of antibiotics for a period of 14 days which should solve the problem.

The CT scan shows only minor stones in the kidneys which should be passed spontaneously with the use of an increased amount of plain water but apart from these, there are no other abnormalities in the CT scan.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi,Please find the attached my endoscopy report. it is already done and it is normal except some swelling. I have donated my blood also this month and if i had any infection in it so i would have got in it.Dr i would like to know that getting physical with someone like oral sex but no intercourse; does it give any infection like HIV.

NO oral intercourse does not cause transmission of the HIV virus, it is an EXTREMELY low-risk exposure. To date, there has not been a single documented case of HIV being transmitted via oral intercourse alone.

Blood tests don't pick up on H.pyroli infections, only stool tests and the endoscopic biopsy can pick up on it. Your biopsy excluded the infection so no need of antibiotics, but you do have gastritis which is inflammation of the stomach. I think the presence of gastritis (even though it is in a certain region) along with anxiety is causing the development of your current symptoms. The thrush can be treated with oral nystatin quite easily. If you are worried about cancer then you should not be worried at all because cancer would have been picked up in the Ct scan or even the endoscopy, so that is NOT a possibility.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor