Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is burned and I do not know how to do it

Yes Doctor's Assistant: What...

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

My daughter is burned and I do not know how to do it.

Doctor's Assistant: Has your daughter seen a doctor about this?

No

Hello
3/14/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you

What caused the burn? Where is it? How big is it? When did it occur? Is skin pealing off?

Are you able to upload a picture?

Hello, my daughter has a burn due to her coconut, and I've already had ointment.

Where is the burn? How big is the area? Is skin pealing off or are there any blisters?

Please upload a pic if you can

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Sir

Was that caused by hot coconut oil? Or is it just a rash from regular coconut oil?

Sorry, I cannot take a phone call right now.

My wife put caldecen powder

OK that is good. Continue to use that and put ointment on it and then see your doctor tomorrow.

Could you show me a good ointment so I can put it on today?
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Consultant
Phone call session started

Silver sulfadiazine ointment is great. Even petrolatum jelly is good if that is all you have. Apply a thin layer. Hope that is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Thanks
Is finish

My pleasure. Please don't forget to rate by clicking on the 5 stars above. Thanks.