Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How to treat a sore throat. Fever and sore throat since this…

Customer Question
How to treat a...

How to treat a sore throat

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

Fever and sore throat since this morning

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Chills since last night and this morning hot to touch

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/14/2018
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What are your age and gender?

Do you suffer from a stuffy nose, cough, phlegm at the back of the throat?

Are you taking any medicines?

Any medical illness?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

my daughter is 11.
gave ibuprophen for fever. she also takes adderall
no

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.
Do nasal saline drops and Otrivin nasal drops.
She should do menthol steam inhalation and saline gargles.
Use a warm mist humidifier in her room.
Maintain a good hydration with warm water, Gatorade.

Give her Ibuprofen and Tylenol for high fever with a gap of 4-6 hours.

Give her Over the counter Allegra( Fexofenadine) which can be used safely with Adderall.
You should elevate her head with an extra pillow.
If her symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.
"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.