Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having dull pain in my back and stomach. No I…

Hello I have been...

Hello I have been having dull pain in my back and stomach

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No I have not. I really can't tell. Maybe stress? I have anxiety issues and am a teenager so maybe it is being caused by anxiety? I am also taking Zoloft so maybe that may be doing it? I just want to be sure it isn't anything dangerous

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Anxiety, depression, asthma That is it

3/14/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Do you have any other symptoms such as heartburn, belching, acid reflux?

Is this pain radiating from your from to back? Any relation to meal?

No i am only experiencing pain in my lower back and sometimes in my stomach. I have anxiety issues and it may be triggered by that.

Do you have any urinary symptoms or bowel symptoms?

I have been having gas but that is being caused by a medication I take called Zoloft.
I feel the pain more when I am stressed
When I go to the bathroom, It also hurts

Thanks for the information.

You don't seem to have any alarming symptoms at this time. Your symptoms are very mild and occasional. It's quite possible to have it due to anxiety, but it could be due to trapped gas as well. You can increase your fiber intake, and drink adequate water. You can also work to reduce your anxiety.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Thank You! I don't think I have been drinking enough water but the pain is constant.

Yes, you can drink adequate water and increase you mobility and see if you feel better. If no improvement in a few days, you can visit your doctor to run blood and urine test along with ultrasound to get further details to make final diagnosis and rule out medical causes of such symptoms.

Take care.