Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have polycystic ovaries syndrome and I am out of my

Customer Question
I have polycystic ovaries...

I have polycystic ovaries syndrome and I am out of my prescription of proved a. I have been bleeding very heavily for the last four days of a three week period. I can't get an appointment until June 26 th with my gynecologist.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?

No contraceptives. 3 weeks ago my period began

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

Some swelling in feet. no unusual smells. no discoloration.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hypertension. My blood is low I take iron tablets

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified MD

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

Is Provera the name of the medication you usually take?

I would definitely see if your gynecologist can work you in sooner, or if you can get in with someone else. You should not have to wait 3 months if you're bleeding basically every day.

Secondly, there are apps where the Provera can be prescribed to you by doctors - one is called Maven, and another one is called NuRx. These apps will connect you with physicians who have the capacity to prescribe birth control for you.

ok

Just checking in to see if you had any further Qs for me.

If you are satisfied with the response received, please leave a rating by clicking the stars above.