Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question regarding this bump /pimple on the roof of…

Hello, I have a question...
Hello, I have a question regarding this bump /pimple on the roof of my mouth. In the last two weeks this is the second time getting it and last night I got one on the roof of my lip. After I eat it grows a bit and then goes away a few hours later. It isn’t too painful. I do admit I don’t floss and I’m working on my oral hygiene. I smoked hookah occasionally (once a month) but have recently stopped completely. I also occasionally drank liquor but also brought that to stop. I also have high stress levels and anxiety. Any reason on what might be going on? Should I be worried?
3/14/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Did you have a picture?

It’s very very small and I had to zoom in.
Small dot in the upper left/ roof of my mouth

So it went away and came back?

Does it look dangerous?

no it looks like a simple aphthous ulcer

gargle with salt water

it should go away

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

What if it goes away and comes back? Keeps coming back?

Then it should be looked at more closely

might need a biopsy

How long should I wait? Because it completely goes away and then shows up. Just noticed this this month

give it another 2 weeks

If this one doesn’t heal within two weeks or if it comes back in two weeks? Also my father gets these episodes sometimes. Not sure if it’s genetic

It is probably hereditary yes

If it doesn't heal OR comes back in two weeks in the SAME spot only

Ok. Last time i popped it with my tongue and a little bit of liquid came out. Does this sounds dangerous to you

No, not at all

Thank you doctor Phil! I appreciate it

welcome :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor