Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My Daughter Has Had Barriatc Surgery $yrs. Ago And She is…

My Daughter Has Had...

My Daughter Has Had Barriatc Surgery $yrs. Ago And She is Having A Problem With Her Foods Going Dow She Has Lost 20lbs. In 3Weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Nothing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Dr. Juneja Rashmi

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/14/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Which bariatric surgery was done; gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, adjustable gastric band, or biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch?

Has she difficulty in swallowing or has vomiting?

Is she able to swallow liquids?

Gastric bypass
Nauseated and sometimes throwing up.
Feel full with a cpl bites of food or couple sips of liquid

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

No difficulty swallowing.
Feel like something is stuck in my pouch\stomache

Gastric bypass makes the stoma smaller and reroute the intestines.

It seems that the stoma has narrowed, called as stricture of the intestines.

She would need either a barium meal or CT scan for the evaluation.

She may also need an endoscopic dilatation of stricture or minor surgery.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for your help.

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.