Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I took a pill too soon. Over the counter. I wish I could…

I took a pill...

I took a pill too soon

Doctor's Assistant: When were you prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?

Over the counter

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen an OB/GYN about this?

I wish I could talk to you

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am a man

3/13/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will assist you.

How old are you?

What pill is it? What is the dosage? How often are you supposed to take it?

I took a pill yesterday with affects. Roughly 24 hours later a took another and realized it said not to before 60 hours.
Sorry no affects

What was the medication?

It was one of those male over the counter pills
I am currently taking a small dosage of blood pressure med

Ok, was it a medication for erectile dysfunction?

Are you having any symptoms such as lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headache, palpitations, chest pain?

it was. Not really

OK, it is good that you are not having any symptoms. I would not do anything at this point but I would avoid taking the medication for 60 hours like it says. If it is not working you may need to see a doctor for a more potent medication. I would not just take this medication more frequently as it can cause problems especially if you are taking a blood pressure medication. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Do you need to know what the blood Pressure meds I’m taking

I would like to know the names of both of the medications if you have them.

The pill I took was Black Panther
And the blood pressure is Atenolol 25 mg
I’ve been drink water

OK. You should be fine with both of those medications as long as you don't take the black panther for the recommended 60 hours.

Just be aware of symptoms of low blood pressure such as lightheadedness or dizziness. You should really see your doctor before starting any ED medications.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

It worried me taking one then 24 hours later taking another then realizing it says 60 hours apart.

OK. Since you are not having any symptoms and the two medications don't have any real drug interactions you should be fine.

Ok it’s been 2 hours since I took the pill. Not sure how long it would take to show these signs. And I will rate
You

You would have likely felt the signs already. Just be sure to stay hydrated and don't take another Black Panther pill for a while. Preferably, don't take one until you see your doctor.

Ok

Please do not forget to rate when you get a chance. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD