Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a terrible smell in my nose when I bend over. Trying…

Customer Question
I have a terrible...

I have a terrible smell in my nose when I bend over. Trying to read a little about why this could occur.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

I just noticed it last night while sleeping...then it has continued today. No breathing problems. Have had mucus in my throat and chest...thought may be sinus related

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/13/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Dear *****ient, in your case it is necessary to perform a sinus Tomography.

The bad odors that can be felt without an external stimulation are due to the accumulation of mucus in the paranasal sinuses.

These are the initial symptoms of a sinusitis, it is likely that when changing position the secretions move generating this characteristic odor.
This is the ideal moment to carry out the studies and discard this condition.
It should be evaluated if there is any type of pain in the paranasal sinuses through physical examination.
It is necessary to indicate a decongestant with antiallergic to stop the accumulation of mucous secretion.

Claritin D (Loratadine / Pseudoephedrine 5 mg-120 mg): 1 tablet orally twice a day for 5 days

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.