Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

May i ask tell you my symptoms and you tell me the best

May i ask tell...

May i ask tell you my symptoms and you tell me the best course of action?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have has a cough for almost 5 months now. I am an avid runner in the mountain here in Los Angeles. I have constricted bronchial tubes that also feel raw when breath deeply. I think I have an allergic reaction to maybe running in poor air quality.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

I have had a metallic taste in my mouth when i cough. raw lungs, and sometimes when I am resting, my lungs will be in such a resting state that my heart will jumpstart.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had asthma when I was a child, but are out of it when I was 2 years old and my parents moved me to a warmer and more humid climate

3/13/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Considering your history and symptoms I would suggest seeing a pulmonologist as it sounds like small airways disease which can be an allergy or asthma again. The possibility of an infection is there as it can present with same symptoms so consult a doctor for a thorough physical examination to find the exact diagnosis so that treatment can be suggested accordingly. Meanwhile, steam inhalation with menthol drops would help.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor