Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For about a week I've had high blood pressure after being…

For about a week...

For about a week I've had high blood pressure after being well controlled for years. My readings now are in the 150/100 range when sitting. Getting up and walking raises it quite a bit higher , like 170/120. My heart gets going really fast which triggers a run of paroxysml SVT, another know problem for which I take verapiml. Readings then show low heart and blood pressure.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?

Main question is whether I should go to urgent care. I see my PCP in 2 days so I'm reluctant to go now.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm under frequent followup for many conditions. I saw my PCP last 12/20. No dizziness light headedness is minor (as I stand up).

3/13/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I think with this high BP which is getting symptomatic you should go to urgent care as it needs urgent treatment to avoid any complications.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Additional issues.Asthma with early COPD
Diabetes for 20 years, extremely well controlled. My current A1c is 5.1%
Hypothyroidism, well controlled.
Hypercholesteralemia, well controlled. Very low LDL and CRP.
Cyclical depression 50 yrs. Well controlled for 2 years w/ mood stabilizer
Diagnosed with MSA-C 1 week ago, so currently under rather extreme stress.