Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has pains in his shoulders and he says it pops…

My husband has pains in...
My husband has pains in his shoulders and he says it pops when he moves it. He fears he may have tendinitis. I’ve massaged his back and shoulder blade area and I don’t feel anything out of place. When he lays down in certain positions, he’s okay. But the moment he stands up, the pain comes back and it’s consistent. He can barely use his arm. Is there anything he can do to help with the pain? Aside from popping pain killers all day and night?
3/13/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please could you indicate the following information

how old is he?
Take some medication?
He suffers from some disease?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He is 37 and has no other ailments. He also is not on any medications

In the case of your husband because of his age, it may be due to a damaged rotator cuff on the shoulder, which can be broken or injured by a traumatic event generally.
You should also rule out any injury to the cervical spine that can compress some nervisal structure that goes to that extremity.
MRI of the shoulder and cervical spine is necessary to rule out both conditions.
Both conditions must be evaluated fairly, since part of the treatment is rehabilitation, but this will depend on the results.
The treatment is based on an analgesic and muscle relaxant, ice should be placed on the shoulder every 8 hours.

I suggest the following medical treatment with analgesic such as Diclofenac 50 mg(1) one tablet every 8 hours for 5 days in addition to a muscle relaxant such as Tizanidine 2 mg (1) one tablet at night for 10 days

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor