Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

A few weeks ago (I think like 2ish) I got a UTI and had

Customer Question
Hi. So a few...

Hi. So a few weeks ago (I think like 2ish) I got a UTI and had antibiotics so it healed. Last night I had an extreme burning in my urethra and bladder. Im worried it came back, I'm also worried it's an STD which is why I wanted to ask an OB GYN...?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

It was just last night for a few hours. Its still a little sore but its okay now.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I dont think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified MD

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

May I ask how old you are?

What are your periods like?

Are you taking hormones or using anything to prevent pregnancy?

Hi there! Nice to meet you.I'm 24. My periods are very regular and im on birth control and always use condoms.

Thank you.

Have you noticed any small tears, or little blisters down by the vaginal opening?

No ma'am

It is possible that you are just having some residual irritation from the UTI. I would recommend cutting out beverages except for water (just to help soothe the bladder). Also, over the counter Azo can help with bladder spasms and irritation.

Typically STDs in women have NO symptoms, or maybe present with pelvic pain and vaginal discharge (not usually urinary symptoms). That being said, I always recommend making sure you're up to date on your pap smear, and STD testing can be done right off the pap. Additionally, you could drop off a urine sample at your doctor's office to check for STDs.

Okay!
Is it worth going into the doctor to check out? Its not hurting now.

If you're feeling better, I doubt anything is wrong.

But when you go in for your pap, you can ask for STD testing too (this is pretty routine).

Just checking in to see if you had any further Qs for me.

If you are satisfied with the response received, please leave a rating by clicking the stars above. Thank you!