Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question please, what are the symtpoms of an

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a question please, what are the symtpoms of an appendix?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Not yet, but sometimes when I eat something and it upsets my stomach, only when I throw up that takes away the discomfort/pain, and sometimes I take Peptobismol

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Not now, but last night right after I ate two flat pancakes that's when I felt a little discomfort in my back

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so

3/13/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Appendicitis has the following symptoms.

Insidious onset pain starting from the umbilical region and then localizing in the right lower quadrant of the abdomen (that is where the appendix is located). Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite.

If the appendix is long and reaches the perineal area, then it can also cause diarrhea sometimes.

There is extreme tenderness in the lower abdomen especially on the right side.

Fever is also a significant symptom in abscess of the appendix.

The whole ordeal is acute and occurs within a few hours. It does not linger on for days or in a mild form.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Oh not the lower abdomen and not on the right side, no fever, a little diarhrea sometimes, feel a little nauseated, I just started last week after eating a piece of cake.

This might be something else then and you will benefit from seeing your doctor and getting an examination done to ascertain the cause of the symptoms.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor