Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a laser brain surgery. My ear hurts and it has been…

Hi...

Hi I had a laser brain surgery. My ear hurts and it has been almost 2 weeks and now i have a fever 99.5 my next mri is Thursday and doc appointment next Monday. Should I just wait?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

Very little dizzy But just got fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This is my 3rd brain surgery on the left side.

3/13/2018
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

What is your normal temp?

It seems like you have stepped away.

99.5 is not a fever.

A fever is 100.5 or greater.

If I were you, I would call your doctor and let him know about your symptoms as soon as possible.

Thank you it was just scary because i never had a high temp in 2 weeks and my ear still hurts.

You should have your ear checked out with your doctor.

You should also continue to monitor your temps. and call the on-call physician with their group to let them know.

I had a ear doc look and he saw nothing in my ear. This happened last time of my surgery 1.8 years ago. But it was the radiation that hurts it.

Oh I see. Do you have any pain medications to take?

I am just taking acetaminophen 2 500 mg and im not alowed to rake motrin yet. And i dont want to take oxycodone.

Ok. Sorry you are going through this. Continue to check your temps.

I will. Thanks doc! Im a OR nurse and my Wife is a ER nurse. So hope my wife takes good care of me. Thanks for talking!. And you dont seen im in danger. Yuck I hope i leave and feel better.

Are you on chemo?

No chemo yet. We will see soon.

OK. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Scott, Doctor
Thank you. Nice chatting Doc. Rate 10!