Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a sexually transmitted intestinal infection that I do…

I have a sexually...

I have a sexually transmitted intestinal infection that I do now know of. I got exposed in 2010 and I have done several tests since then but all came out negative. Now I am married and I see my wife having same symptons I went through in the past and she is losing weight . I woud like to know what type of test I can go do again

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I am presently not taking any medication. I was diagnosed with h pylori and research says I can transmit that through sex

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I only take multi vitamins daily and I don't think I am allergic to any medication

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing

3/13/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. Can you tell me please, are you asking as to what test for H. Pylori YOU can take again? Or for your wife? And can you tell me please, apart from weight loss, what symptoms is your wife having?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Dr! Oh! Sorry.I am saying that I have a sexually transmitted intestinal infection that I do not know of. I have done several tests in the past but all came out negative except H pylori +. My wife did take the H pylori test too but came out negative. My concern is after almost 8yrs, I have not found anything except H.pylori and I read that H.pylori can not be transmitted sexually so I am very anxious to know what it is that is wrong my my digestive tract since possible exposure since 2010 and what it is that I have infected about 3-4 other girls in the past.

I believe I understand, but I am unclear as to what you mean exactly by a "sexually transmitted intestinal infection." Have you seen a gastroenterologist (digestive tract specialist) yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good! I haven't seen one. The symptoms I had were diarrhea (Watery stool), cramp, fever, waist pain, nausea, muscle spasm and at some point I started farting alot which my wife is going through right now. I just want to know the specific tests I can go for as I don't want to keep wasting money and time. I know for sure I infected my wife with this disease and would like to know what exactly it is that I should be looking for.

I see. In that case, you can start with your primary care doctor and explain exactly those symptoms. Most likely the two of you are experiencing a mild stomach virus infection of some kind for which probably no specific testing is needed so long as your symptoms resolve within 1-2 weeks. That being said, some simple routine tests I might recommend include a screening metabolic panel by blood, and stool studies including a bacteria culture, ova and parasites and perhaps a viral test. You could then request referral to a gastroenterologist if more specialized testing might be necessary such as special imaging, endoscopy and biopsy. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have no further questions, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. Thank you and have a great day.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The problem is there is always a re-infection every time we have sex and she is losing weight alot too. I once did sti profile which I suppose there would have been herpes test included. Do you think this is Herpes or sometime of bacteria infection? I have done the stool test and it came out negative.
It does not sound like a herpes infection. Herpes is usually checked by a simple blood test. Usually that involves very painful sores, blisters or ulcers in the genital area. If your STI profile was negative, it’s unlikely to be any kind of sexually transmitted bacteria either. Sounds like it may be a good idea to see a specialist at this point. If the digestive symptoms are the worst, then I recommend a gastroenterologist. If you are most concerned about a possible hidden infection of some sort, consider asking your doctor for a referral to an infectious disease specialist. Can I help with anything else?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you ruling out the possibility of a bacterial infection because of the case of reinfection ?
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I have gone through your health query in detail.

I understand that your main worry is about h pylori infection and if it is sexually transmitted and you are also worrying that every time you have sex you reinfect your wife and she is suffering because of that.

It is extremely rare for h pylori be transmitted from male to female during the sexual act. But it is theoretically possible the other way round. If the organism is in the vagina, during oral sex as in cunnilingus it may be transmitted, by mouth to a non infected mail from the affected female.

More studies are required to clarify whether H. pylori can be transmitted via oral sex to the urethra. So it is still questionable. As of now there is no proof that you can infect your wife please.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t do oral sex so I still don’t think I got H.pylori from the possible way exposure to this intestinal infection. H.pylori could be there too but I don’t think it’s what I infected my wife with. And there’s always a reinfection so I would like to know if bacteria or viral infection is the cause. I’m very anxious
Hello.... I understand that you are anxious. In your previous messages you had mentioned that you have done a screening for all the sexually transmitted diseases and it had turned out to be negative. So you need not worry at all you will not be transmitting any sexually transmitted disease to your wife.If you are still in doubt, I suggest that you upload me the reports of the screening test which you have done for sexually transmitted diseases and I will go through them and reconfirm you again that you are very safe for your wife.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the answers, I am seeing a Gastroenterology Dr tomorrow. But there are new developments. I have pain in my left lower back for almost 3wks and pain in my tailbone for a week now. Should I be worried?

Usually this type of pain is muscular spasm or may be related to vitamin D deficiency (as it is there for 3 weeks now).

But the left lower back pain could be a renal colic or pain related to ureter if there is a family history of kidney stones please.

Just mention this to the gastroenterologist tomorrow so that you can be appropriately examined keeping in mind these possibilities also.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Dr, you didn't mention anything concerning the tailbone pain. I am scared i am getting cancer from all the symptoms

Hello, absolutely not. You need not be scared about the cancer at all. Regarding the tail bone pain, I was mentioning about the vitamin D deficiency and sorry for the miscommunication.

None of your symptoms are suggestive of cancer and you can be 100% rest assured about it.

Regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much. How do I rate u again? And I forgot to tell you I was taking anabolic mass gainer

Hi..even if you are an anabolic mass gainer, you need not worry at all about having any serious problems or STD or cancer please.

I am reassuring you that you do not have them please.

You can rate me in your mobile app or in the PC site 5 stars (by just selecting 5 stars) so that I can get my professional credit. A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I forgot to mention that I was taking anabolic mass gainer. which could have caused inflammation in the stomach to cause the back and tailbone pain and the diarrhea due to the fact that I had to stop at some point.
Thank you for the information. But anabolic mass gainer causing gastritis should not be a reason for back pain and tailbone pain. It might cause some amount of diarrhea.Back pain could be a muscular spasm and tailbone pain needs evaluation of vitamin D levels which is the most common cause of tailbone pain.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD