Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I weight 40 pounds. I want to gain 130, what’s the best

Hi Dr.Wilson, My name...

Hi Dr.Wilson, My name is***** weight 40 pounds. I want to gain 130, what’s the best medicine to use to gain weight?

Doctor's Assistant: When were you prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?

I haven’t been prescribed anything. & I have no side effects, I have a high metabolism.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this?

Yes, this morning. But, he forgot to prescribe me something. They were more focused on my sinusitis.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I told them everything. Allergies and things.

3/13/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

gaining 130 is a lot.

have you lost weight before?

why do you weight only 40 lbs?

I’m 16. I used to be 80, but I have a high metabolism I don’t know why i keep losing weight instead of gaining it.
I prefer we text instead of calling.

you need to see a doctor and get more testing

40 lb weight loss is too much

you need your thyroid hormone levels to be checked

you need your diet and eating habits to be reviewed.

Do you know any weight gain medicine that will help me put kn weight?
on*

at age 16 you should no be doing this yourself

you need to have a parent or doctor help you with this.

Okay, thank you Dr.David.

you are welcome

My grandma is right here. I’m telling her about it, she just want to know what she can do to fix the weight problem.

she should take you to a doctor to see a doctor to get blood testing done and your diet evaluated.

She said okay. Thank you again Doc, we really appreciate it.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician