Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a tingling feeling in my upper stomach and was

I have a tingling...

I have a tingling feeling in my upper stomach and was wondering what it was

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

No vomiting or nausea and has been off and on for about 2 weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have an irregular heart beat, but other than that, normally quite healthy (aside from my weight)

3/13/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

how severe is this "tingling" in the upper abdomen? on a scale from 0-10?

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? severe anxiety symptoms can magnify small symptoms and make you worried.

I am a 46 year old female. The tingling occurs randomly and is not painful at all. Just feels like movement...not gassy or anything like that, just shocking-tingling

it could be from your stomach moving and emptying its contents

or stool moving through your transfers colon.

Is there anything to do for it? You mentioned anxiety...I do have 2 adult children living with me! LOL
At times it does make my stomach feel tight

I would not stress about these sensations

I would focus on eating healthier, eating more fruits and vegetables and drinking more water

and seeing if you can find some time to exercise during the day.

cutting out gluten, white flour, pasta, bread, sugar, sodas, fried foods, milk can help decrease bloating and inflammation in your body.

alright...Sounds Good! Thank you!

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician