Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Rheumatoid arthritis Dr has me on rayos 2mg every evening…

Rheumatoid arthritis Dr has...

Rheumatoid arthritis Dr has me on rayos 2mg every evening dentist just prescribed me drop dose pack. Can they be taken together and when should I start my medrol dose

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used this medication or anything similar before?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last dentist visit? What did you discuss?

Yesterday and that is when he prescribed the dose pak

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am a mess...

3/13/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Rayos are prednisone delayed-release tablets.

medrol is methylprednisolone steroids as well

your medtrol steroid doses will be higher than the prednisone 2mg pill

you should let your rheumatology doctor know you need to take a medtrol dose pack

most likely you can just stop your rayos extended release prednisone while on the medrol steroid dose pack and restart it back up once your medrol is done.

Should I wait to start the dose pack until tomorrow or can I start it now?

best to take steroids with food in your stomach, first thing in the morning.

steroids can decrease inflammation in your body

but can also suppress your immune system, increase your appetite, cause poor sleep, short temperness and other side effects.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Prompt and understandable answer.

thanks for that

thanks for using JustAnswer.com