Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Just looking for an answer from the last thread.

This is Cameron...
Just looking for an answer from the last thread. This is Cameron
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Answering your questions, the progression that you have described is extremely slow and most of the diseases which would have caused them have already been ruled out and they don't fit into your clinical picture. I did mention some enzyme deficiency disorders which are extremely rare and some mitochondrial diseases which may cause these symptoms. But again they don't completely fit into your clinical scenario. Your symptoms are varied, blood cancers are unlikely because they would have shown up on the blood work, throat cancers are also unlikely as they would have caused symptoms like coughing up blood, hoarseness of voice, growth visible inside the throat etc.

The problem here is that with almost all of these causes something should have shown up in the tests that you have done over the past several years, the 3 Tesla MRI scan is essentially a last resort test to determine if the brain is actually involved or not. Similarly, the cervical spine MRI is also the last resort test to rule out cervicogenic causes for your problems. Essentially we are getting backed into a corner here, there aren't many possibilities left.

Secondly, without an examination, it is difficult to narrow down the field to some causes as I am going on clinical symptoms without the correlating clinical findings which we see on an examination. I think the next best step after getting the above tests done is to actually visit Mayo Clinic or John Hopkins center with your complete clinical history and examination findings. They have more experience in dealing with rare undiagnosable conditions.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Okay so mitochondrial diseases? Or enzyme deficiency and cancer are still on the table or there ruled out? I wonder if an EEG would help with any of those as well?
Is there any possibility I could lose conciousness? With all my blood tests MRI with contrast in 2016? Also done work with an ENT and an EEG in early 2016
It is just the worst feeling and that is why I am doing all this testing

Cancer is unlikely, enzyme deficiencies possible but less likely and same holds true for mitochondrial diseases. I dont think an EEG would help UNLESS these episodes you have are a rare form of a seizure disorder, which could cause these sort of dizziness. A video EEG or sleep EEG may be more useful in that situation.

I dont think you will lose consciousness at all.

It’s like what happens is that there is no movement but my body thinks there was a movement and my eyes accommodate for the movement that didn’t happen because it felt like I made a movement or a turn but I really did not.
That is the best way I can explain it. And I am worried if I lose conciosuness they will never figure it out because this is something that would have showed up by now with all these tests.

Could be nystagmus, but without an examination its hard to say.

You wont lose consciousness, they no reason to think that you will lose consciousness based on these tests. Yes you may faint because of other reasons like anxiety, stress, dehydration etc but truly losing consciousness and falling into a coma, i dont think that will happen.

blood cancer or any type of cancer is ruled out that could cause these symptoms?
You think an EEG also would be pointless? Even if we were checking for Encdpolaopthy or any type of brain mis function worsening from 2 1/2 years ago
It’s just a really uncomfortable feeling like really really uncomfortable. And it continues to get worse to where I am going to lose conciousness or lose control of my body.
Currently messaging my neurologist now

Cancer of any sort, be that blood or otherwise would have shown up on these repeated blood tests. But if you want to rule out everything then get imaging of the chest, abdomen and pelvis done such as a CT scan this would rule out any and all abnormalities in the body.

You dont have encephalopathy because you DONT fit the criteria for encephalopathy at all. Your symptoms are NOT consistent with encephalopathy. if you had encephalopathy even the mildest form you would not be talking to me here.

Gotcha okay
Had a chest X-ray done last month
Okay I would prefer mri abdomen and pelvis less radiation

Chest xray picks up on the large abnormalities, a Ct scan picks up on everything in these regions. But you can go for a MRI if you want that will give more detailed images.

Okay so what we we looking for here?
encelopathy is for a sure a no and no reason to go down that road.
Is that true?
Also Tesla 3 MRI brain chest abdomen and pelvis.
Does an MRI catch any cancer in the sinuses or throat or neck if it’s done of the head?
then we for sure do not need an EEG?
that would rule out pretty much everything?
What about any type of food allergies or anything?

I don't think encephalopathy is a possibility to consider here, there is no reason to consider that.

No, don't go for a 3 Tesla scan on the chest, abdomen and pelvis, just the brain. A 1.5-Tesla scan on the chest etc is more than enough. The 3 Tesla on the brain is only because your previous scans were negative. And the brain is the region where a 3-tesla scan MAY reveal something

Yes an MRI of the neck would catch cancer in most cases but the ideal test is an endoscopy

Food allergies again possible but they would usually cause other symptoms like diarrhea, rashes, itching or shortness of breath rather than your current symptoms.

Okay so a brain mri would have seen something in the throat or the sinus or neck?

In the sinuses usually yes but not in the throat or neck unless the MRI was done of the neck or throat as well. When i said a MRI would pick up on throat issues i was talking about THROAT or NECK MRIs

Okay because I was looking the image of a brain MRI and it looks like the neck is shown on brain MRIs if you type them in on a google it shows them but you don’t think it would have shown spine neck or upper throat?
But okay if you could layout the tests that you think are last resort at this point that would be great. That could cause possible loss of conciosuness.
I will use these in my next appts coming up and should be getting my results back soon for copper calling them today.

Those are scans of the brain AND the cervical spine, the neck is not commonly included in a simple brain MRI unless specifically requested.

The tests which can be done include MRIs of the brain, chest, abdomen and pelvis

These would be a start.

What are we looking for in pelvis and abdomen?

Any abnormality such as a hidden BENIGN growth which can release hormones which can lead to this problem.

Okay that’s a lot of scanning but if you feel we need to do it sounds good.
Any other blood tests?
your certain on EEG? Thought this one would really rule out anything weird going on with the brain.
Okay so if we are ruling out everything with the loss of conciousness possibility then that is my goal. It would be so embarrassing to lose conciousness. And this is my end goal to at least rule out that. Okay I am putting these in my notes
The reason why I am afraid of loss of consciousness the most is because the feeling I get is so similar to when you touch your toes for a min and come back up fast imagine that but that is me all the time.
continues to get worse
The blood rushes back into your head
That is the feeling I have all the time
But it feels like less and less blood is getting there or clean blood or healthy blood is getting the brain the nutrients it needs that type of feeling.
Unforunently man I am going to be driving 2 hours tomorrow to a more equipped ER and I am not going to leave until I figure it out. This is getting so bad man I feel like I’m on the verge of loss of consciousness if you could re look over my symtoms tonight when I’ll probably be in bed and re evaluate the situation and give me a list of things that would ensure you I would not pass out I am going to get them done tomorrow I can’t handle this anymore and yeah this might be expensive but honestly I don’t care anymore I need to get relief from this tomorrow one way or another. I feel like I am trapped in a faulty body but I am still here man.
If you could leave a very detailed list of things to look for and small things blood tests etc etc that could cause loss of consciousness that would ensure you that I will not an areas to look as well I do not think they will have a Tesla 3 MRI in there do you? It’s probably the most equipped ER in Washington state though but would it even be worth it at that point?
I could send you a very detailed list of all my records as well if you need.
Let me know I will set an alarm in the middle of the night to read what you send I need to figure this out tomorrow I can’t go another day like this man! I appreciate everything you have done for me I really do Muneeb! Thanks for giving it your all and trying to help me it means the world! I know this is your job but I can tell you sincerely ***** ***** that means a lot!
Maybe I could call you idk?
If you could look for the best hospital in Washington state that would also help my decision on the ER I go to
I wish I could pay you on the side for this work your doing for me there is no possible way I can’t send you a gift even?
Washington state in the USA

The best hospital in washington state is the university of washington medical center in seattle.

I dont believe you will pass out and i think the scans are the things which i would go for, it would rule out almost everything short of genetic disorders, mitochondrial diseases etc. I dont believe a EEG is necessary but i think you should get it done only to counter your anxiety over the possibility of encephalopathy.

Any blood tests?
You think there ER will have Tesla 3 and is it even worth getting an MRI on my head? Without Tesla 3?

Their hospital would definitely have a 3 Tesla MRI, but i would recommend scheduling an appointment with their neurologist rather than going through the ER/

It would takes weeks maybe months if I did it that way I really do not feel well and I want to figure this out today and reverse these symptoms I can’t go another day with this any longer it has been 7 years with this I can’t do another day. Why would you recommend that?
Would you recommend a liver scan? Or would that be apart of the MRI abdomen and rule out encelopathy?

Because that way a neurologist can also examine you thoroughly, going through the ER gets you just the immediate tests and not much attention or evaluation of the whole history. If you still want to go through the ER you can. And the MRI of the abdomen would pick up on everything.

Okay ER there not thorough on the Scans?
How would we test mitchonchondria and genetic?
How could this be anxiety for 7 years and slowly getting worse like this? It never makes any sense to me because I am not freaking out I would go years without tests and I don’t know how it would be because nothing was helping when going down that road.

Mitochondrial and genetic issues would require specialized testing not offered in ANY ER, it would require a clinical examination and a neurologist then advising it. ERs everywhere are not thorough, the ER is place where the immediate life threatening things are given the most attention, as soon as they determine that there is no life threatening issue, you move to the back of the list. An ER is designed to deal with immediate issues which is why most ERs would not go into depth of a long several years long history.

Okay well what do you think I should do?

Schedule an appointment with a neurologist in Washington university you need a thorough evaluation.

Sense it keeps getting worse like this I just do not want to be delaying. Don’t I need a referral to do that?

Ask your local doctor for a referral so that insurance can cover you.

I got a referral through Swedish but my other neurologist declined me if the Tesla 3 test.
At valley medical

That is why a new neurologist should assess you thoroughly so that he can look at the case via fresh eyes.

you don’t think I should go to the ER?

At the moment no,.

Okay can I send you anything man?

Im sorry? send me what?

Like for what your doing for me?

Thank you, ***** ***** would be appreciated and a good review, i just hope we get to the bottom of what is the cause for your symptoms.

How do I send a bonus?

Should be an option on the top right where you have the stars to rate me

I think I did on this one
This morning I am experiencing worsening vision when I look around
Kind of delayed
Like when I turn to focus on something it takes a while to adjust

No actually a bonus was not added on this question.

Anyway, this vision issue does require a neurological examination with visual field testing.

What could causing this losing of consciousness feeling? This is what scares and it worsens day to day now it makes me not want to look around but going into bed and just laying there watching a movie hardly even helps now it’s like a dropping feeling like I am about to lose conciousness
It’s like it’s almost losing my ability to focus on something clearly.
Like causes me to get that nystagamus feeling when it has that dropping feeling
I am on my phone let me
Trying giving you the bonus on my computer
Still trying to figure out the bonus
If I lay my head back in this chair and push on it so my head doesn’t move and I just move my eyes it seems to help a little bit
I don’t know if that would help you with anything on a diagnosis
I don’t know if that is a good thing or a bad thing btw I have done PT for vertigo for 12 wks didn’t help kept getting worse
Okay I figured it out I know it is not much but I am 23 paying for all these medical expenses which are in the thousands by now and paying for this app this is hard for me financially but I hope you get your self something nice man :) maybe a dinner or something

Thank you for the bonus , i got it.

Sorry for the late response i had to see a patient in the ICU.

Your case is difficult to say the least, nothing is showing up on the tests and your symptoms dont fit into one diagnosis. The feeling you are describing is most consistent with BPPV but the exercises dont help. It can also be due to blood flow via the vertebral arteries but the doppler was normal. Maybe a MR angiogram would help. Ill be honest we are grasping at straws here, nothing is fitting in correctly.

A MR angiogram would completely rule out anything to with vessels so we wont need to revisit that again. Similarly the 3 Tesla MRI of the brain would rule out the brain as a cause completely. A MRI of the cervical spine can help out cervicogenic dizziness. We have already ruled out autonomic neuropathy, metabolic causes are less likely as all of your blood tests come back as normal.

Ill discuss your case with a couple of my colleagues, with your permission ofcourse and see if they have some ideas.

You have full consent to talk with your colleagues and get back with me man
I know I wish I was a typical case I really do
It would make things so much easier

Lets see if someone else can come up with some ideas.

What makes me think it’s the nerves or something capable of effecting them is because of the twitching all over my body 1,000s a day and it began with this but it doesn’t seem to get much worse just always been there but the loss of consciousness feeling gets worse though and the weakness swallowing is apart this as well I can tell but the main symptoms effecting Me especially lately and the reason for contact is loss of consciousness feeling.
the tingling in my feet all the time I know these are not typical but I am telling you what I feel and it feels like it’s effecting the nervous system except I am not getting weaker except my throat I am pretty sure of it but no problem swallowing food or choking.
If all the ultra sound was within normal limits the angiogram would still be worth it? Even though they saw the nervous and that was the most recent test I have had btw. 7 months ago
running not noticed a difference really then of course the itching especially when I am running
But main symtoms is the loss of conciousness type feeling
Thanks look forward to hearing back when you talk to your colleagues in the ICU

I will get back to you when i talk to them

Okay sounds good
I am going to try and go shoot hoops for a little bit and then come back and lie down I will
Be here

It will take me a couple of days but i will let you know as soon as i have something,.

Okay so I go in for a doctors appt tomorrow at 2:30PST if there is anyway to have something by then so I could relay that would be great you know this case better then anyone else. Thanks, Cameron
But you don’t think I need to go to the ER?
For the next couple days? I am not going to drive 2 hours to the ER then sounds good I will try and wait this out.

I dont believe you need an ER, you are going to see your doctor tomorrow anyway so i think we can wait.

Okay sounds good is there any sort of warning signs I might lose conciousness?

In your case, i would keep an eye out for worsening severe headaches, vomiting, blackouts, complete loss of vision which may precede loss of consciousness.

Okay but I am no where close losing consciousness with current symptoms?

I dont believe so.

That would be the only reason why I would go ER so my symptoms are not close to that right?
Any other things I should look out for? If you think that I am not close to that then I won’t go.

Not really, those symptoms would warrant an immediate ER visit or development of numbness or weakness in one side of the body or severe dizziness which does not even allow you to stand.

Okay as long as I’m ensured about that then I feel a bit more comfortable about not going
I can stand and no numbness
Just the symtoms I told you
I get headaches sometimes but only from the light headedness feeling
Don’t think much of it

That should not lead to serious issues like coma etc.

Or if I am staring at a screen to long like watching tv
Okay if you don’t think with these symtoms I have Currently are close to losing consciousness which it seems you are sure then I will not go I will wait.
Makes me feel a bit more comfortable

You are welcome, just hang in there.

I am trying my best man I appreciate all your help today and I am sure I am more active then most your patience and I apologize for this I am just tired of going to doctor spending months at a time and not getting to the bottom of anything reaching out to you was last resort so I appreciate it a ton!
What are we looking for in these coppers #s?
Results should
Be back today

The copper tests would show low ceruloplasmin and high copper levels in the urine or blood in order for wilsons to be diagnosed.

Doesn’t it have to be free copper?

The test is named as FREE serum or urine copper levels. But essentially they are looking at the copper levels.

Gotcha

Welcome.

May I ask where your from?

Pakistan

Okay cool
11:55 pm there?
Do you think it would be smart to fast tomorrow Incase of blood tests?

Fasting is not needed for most blood tests, only for specific blood tests so i dont think you need to fast for tomorrow.

Okay

Welcome

I always have the urge to tap at my head to try get the symtoms to go away and I have been doing that for a while
My my right index finger knuckle
On my fore head and then I clench my job as well
That came from my nose this happens all the time dried blood in my upper nose and I suck it up through my nose and i hacker it up
I didn’t cough this up it happens once a week

The tapping is unlikely to be a sign of any neurological disorder, just force of habit i think.

Also the dried blood can be due to dryness in the nasal cavity or commonly due to trauma via picking the nose.

Just sending you everything
Yup I wasn’t worried about it I’m literally just showing you everything at this point

Thats fine, i understand .

You have late night shifts?

It varies depends on how busy the ICU is, most of the time i have residents and fellows handling things im needed not as often but sometimes i have to stay back, as i said it varies.

You still there lab results are in
Ceruloplasmin 22 copper 85 and urine 7
Here it is
The results
You know when your in a airplane and they turn or go up
Or down that dropping feeling is kinda what I experience.
That’s another good way to put it
If it were my verterbrial arteries or something to my brain wouldn’t I tell a difference when running or standing on feet or doing a head stand for a min and then getting on my feet?
I feel like I should get 7T
I wonder if Tesla 3 with contrast would be the best? Head and neck to look at the arteries in the brain like cortoid and vertebrail
Seems like symtoms show more towards vertebrail arteries
Angiogram seems really invasive just wondering your thoughts and if Tesla 3 would show blood vessels clear enough as well as with contrast if you think it’s needed.
I’m going to ask for it tomorrow which ever one
Symtoms really equate to vertrabril artery
Is there a test that would ensure almost 100% confidence with those artery’s plus Tesla 3 On head and neck?

MR angiogram is a test which does NOT require any invasive procedure to be done, it is essentially a MRI which looks at the vessels.

Yoiur tests are normal so you DONT have Wilsons for sure.

They don’t inject anything with an MR angiogram?
Okay at least that is ruled out ✅
Good morning man
Good and bad
Okay just looked that up should I get with or without contrast?
Don’t know how much difference contrast makes

The Angiogram can be done even without contrast so it is not necessary to get injected with contrast material in most cases. The contrast is only necessary if the MRA without contrast does not show good pictures and they can determine that during the procedure itself. However usually without contrast is good enough,

Okay so this will ensure vertebrail arteries and all head arteries are 100% not the case?
Maybe I should
Do MR and MRI?
if it was not caught on the ultrasound does that mean it’s really small hard to see if there is anything is there and that why it was not seen? Also this would have not been seen in the last MRI with contrast
Looking into vertebrail symtoms this could be it seems really like it the 5d,s
Idk if it would progress like this though? But idk what I would do if I had VBI
A mri and a Mr angiogram would be enough to rule out all brain related issues.
Okay think this is next step, so does the duplex just basic meaning there is no big clots but they can’t see small ones? If I am positive what would be the first steps they do? Tylenol running eating healthy? Surgery?
Doppler basically looks at tbe flow of blood in the arteries it rules out clots and major aneurysms but a detailed picture is always seen with the help of mra
Small clots would need treatment with aspirin and other medications
Could it progress like this? Goodnight
Less likely but again we are looking for rare things now so it is worth getting done.
Should I take aspirin for the next week just in case and run as well?

No, nor night now, lets wait for the tests first.

Okay can I still go to the gym?
run?
Would I notice any difference with running or standing on my head or laying?

At the moment you can go to the gym and run too. I dont think you would notice any difference with running or standing even if the vertebral arteries are mildly involved

What about standing on my head

That you should avoid.

Okay
Mitochondrial disease could cause these symptoms as well?
But this doesn’t seem like my symtoms?

They can but they would also cause additional symptoms as well. We are looking into rare causes here.

Yeah seems to me the next closest thing that fits it’s vertebrail artery test
If these come back normal then there really isn’t anyway I could pass out right?
Lose consciousness?
Okay so when I go in a couple
hours what should I ask for? Now that we are day of

You should not pass out that is correct.

Ask them to do a complete neurological examination and document any findings that they have, a FULL neurological examination which would check everything including the cerebellum and the cranial nerves. This is a clinical examination, we need clues as to what might be wrong and an examination is the ideal thing to do.

Could the PCP do this?
Could he order Tesla 3 angiography?

A PCP can do a neurological exam but a 3 Tesla scan would need a neurologists approval.

He couldn’t order it there would be no way?
MRA was ordered by cardiologist with contrast does it matter if it’s 1.5 or 3?
He said he doesn’t know what kind of MRI it is
MRA scheduled on the neck tomorrow
But the head is pending
Okay so I had a Tesla 3 MRI of brain in 2015 December and CT on temporal bone 2016 Jan and looking for an EEG time and date that I got also do you think it’s worth getting an MRA on brain still or just neck good? And do you think another MRI Tesla 3 would even be worth getting again. I am getting MRA on neck tomorrow but MRA on head is pending with ismsurence so can only do one for now unless you think it’s worth getting both then I will pay out of pocket for the head.
Let me
Know
Going to bead MRA of neck is scheduled tomorrow 10am let me know if I should do both and just pay for it or is the neck the more important one? Thanks, ***** ***** man ��

A MRA should be done for bothe the brain and the neck if you are getting it done. Atleast we can rule out any vascular issues conclusively in the region.

What would be more important brain or neck?
should I pay out of pocket for the brain? Then because my insurance would not cover the second one?

If insurance is not covering it, then i think we can wait.

What would be more important the neck or the brain MRA?

Neck

Honestly?
Okay what would the brain one show that we are looking for?
Tesla 3 W contrast in 2016 would that show some of the arteries?

Yes the neck one is more important here, the brain one would help in ruliing out any small aneurysms which may be compressing certain regions of the brain leading to your symptoms.

Would that not be caught on the 2015 Dec scan with a Tesla 3 MRI with contrast?

It would have been which is why i said we can wait for the brain MRA

But very small aneurysms can be missed, less likely but possible.

Hmmmm I might be do both
I do not know though
What do you think it would cost if insurance did not cover it

It varies anywhere between $1k to $3k. It is an expensive test which is why i think we can wait.

Okay sounds good
How much do you think head and neck would be with insurance covering it?

That would be dependent entirely on your insurance plan, hard to say really.

I have lost like 10 pounds in a week or so due to me not feeling well and the dizziness type feeling causing me to feel wueeezy
Queezy
Just weighed my self 197 down to 187
Okay I’m doing both
You there?
If this comes back normal only other thing is my liver or something in my blood causing these symtoms to worsen over time

Well if it is normal then we have the MRIs of the chest and abdomen to look for other signs.

Do you think it could be something blood just trying to think of things in blood slowly get worse

If it was a metabolic issue or hormonal issue it should have shown up in the numerous tests that you have had done.

What did your colleagues say?

I have talked to just one person so far and he did not have any new ideas which we have not gone over. Ill talk to some other people as soon as i can geta hold of them.

They only did one scan with contrast
If these come back negative there is no way I could lose consciousness or pass out? There is nothing in the blood that could cause this that we would miss or progress like this.
Appreciate you reaching out
No there is nothing in the blood which I can think of that would cause you to lose consciousness.
Or feel light headed or cause these symtoms?
Ammonia possibly? The doctor said if it was leukemia my red or white blood cells would not be at the levels there at

If it was ammonia then the liver would have been severely damaged, ammonia is otherwise removed by the liver effectively.

Yeah anything else could be plausible? Thanks, Cameron

At the moment, i dont have any other ideas which would fit with these symptoms but if i do ill get back to you.

Here is this

This is normal.

Yeah guess they did that before radiology
Had no idea

They do it before getting an imaging test just to check the kidneys.

Gotcha results should be back any hour

ok

Still nothing

When they get back to you let me know

I will things still getting worse

Lets wait for the test results to come back in.

Gosh I hate this man I really do! Appreciate all your help
If the results were life threatening they would message me right away right?
They say they can’t give the results until cleared through the doctor unfornently
They already have the results
But can’t share them
They got the results back
Same day

If it was anything serious they would have called you in right away, the fact that they have not means it is not life threatening.

Oh really?
Okay sounds good
that means it’s probably nothing serious

Yes it probably means that it is nothing serious.

Guess there is a doctor on call who could tell
Me waiting for a callback

Lets see what the result is

Results came back normal
She said that what they were looking for they saw nothing
everything was normal

That is good news.

Good and bad
She felt like if the symptoms keep getting worse to go back to ER because she said what they were looking was normal but I have no idea what they were looking for
Good because everything normal bad because I still have symtoms and way of relief
No way of relief *
2018.
TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar, multisequence MRA sequences of the neck were
performed. Other: None.. Post-processing: Multiplanar 3D MIP
reconstructions. IV Contrast: 8.6 cc Gadavist.
Evaluation of stenosis by NASCET criteria.
FINDINGS:
RIGHT
Common Carotid: Patent. No dissection or significant stenosis.
Internal Carotid: Patent. No dissection or significant stenosis.
External Carotid: Patent. No dissection or significant stenosis.
Vertebral: Patent. No dissection or significant stenosis.
LEFT
Intracranial Circulation: No stenoses or aneurysms in the visualized
portion of the intracranial vasculature.
Other: The soft tissues, bones, and lung apices are within normal
limits.MRA:
COMPARISON: CT temporal bone 1/4/2016; status MR brain 12/2/2015
TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar, multisequence MRA sequences of the brain were
performed. Other: None. Post-processing: Multiplanar 3D MIP
reconstructionsIV Contrast: 8.6 cc Gadavist
Stenosis evaluated by NASCET criteria.
FINDINGS:
RIGHT
Internal Carotid (ICA): No aneurysm, stenosis or anomaly.
Middle Cerebral (MCA): No aneurysm, stenosis or anomaly.
Anterior Cerebral (ACA): No aneurysm, stenosis or anomaly.
Posterior Cerebral (PCA): No aneurysm, stenosis or anomaly.
Posterior Communicating (P-COM): No aneurysm, stenosis or anomaly.
Vertebral: No aneurysm, stenosis or anomaly in the visualized upper
vertebral artery.
LEFT
Posterior Cerebral (PCA): Fetal PCA. No aneurysm.
vertebral artery.
MIDLINE
Anterior Communicating (A-COM): No aneurysm, stenosis or anomaly.
Basilar artery: No aneurysm, stenosis, or vascular malformation.
Other: None.
I know this is crazy but could this be rabies? I have no idea I am just thinking out loud
That is like the most rare thought and only 1-3 die per year in the us so probably not just thinking about rare things
Rabies would progress rapidly over a few days to a couple of weeks with most patients dying within 2 weeks after onset of symptoms.
Okay so that would not be me?
The period between the bite and the onset of symptoms is called the incubation period. It usually takes four to 12 weeks for a person to develop rabies symptoms once they're infected. However, incubation periods can also range from a few days to six years.
No if you had rabies then you would have survived and you would not be able to talk or be aware of your surroundings let alone talk to me here by now.
Incubation period is someyhing else, it means the virus is dormant and would not cause ANY symptoms. Once symptoms start then most patients don't have more tha 2 weeks
Okay so you are 100% confident? I am just trying to figure it out as much as I can on my end thanks for helping
Just thinking outside the box at this point
I am absolutely sure that this is not rabies.
Okay thanks
Let me know about your colleagues
Will do if they come up with anything new
Hope you had a great weekend man
Morning so what do you think is the next move?
is loss of conciousness ruled out?
Also intracranial pressure could this be it? Or would MRI rule that out even with cerbrael spine fluid?

A Simple MRI of the brain would rule out raised intracranial pressure but i dont believe you would have that either.

Unless it were benign then I would have to get a spine tap right?

Not necessarily a spinal tap is done when we think it could be idiopathic intracranial hypertension which is another thing. raised intracranial pressure is something else.

Okay what if it was pseudotumor cerebri
Which would be the only option here after ruling out everything else

That is the other name for idiopathic intracranial hypertension which is when a spinal tap is done. It is possible but it should cause headaches more often.

How often like once a week twice a week four times a week?

Usually daily.

I heard that it was not life threatening and it could be found looking at retinal special vision technology to look at the nerve
Oh okay daily yeah that’s not me

Yes but it can be considered if there are no other options.

Also says usually happens in obsess women
90% or something and I am not obese
What do you think the next move is?
your like 99.9% sure this is not caused by something metabolic

Any metabolic issue should have shown up on the various tests that you have had done. Next best step is a clinical examination we are missing a piece of information, maybe there are some signs on the examination which can give us a clue as to how to proceed.

Clinical examination?
Also
Hello so I had a question on these findings on my stress test and what this means. They said everything was normal but this doesn’t seem normal.
Read
This
Closely
Morning
Did you see these?

I have been offline anyway i saw the tests, the results clearly show that the stress test was completely normal. There is nothing untoward in the findings, what are you exactly concerned about in the test results because the changes are to be expected in the test and the strain pattern can occur in some patients and absence of actual LVH on the echo indicates that the findings are not significant.

It says there was evidence on the echo there was strain didn’t it? Doesn’t that mean hypertrophy?

As i said in my previous response, strain can indicate hypertrophy however the echo would have picked up on it quite easily. The echo was normal which means that there is NO hypertrophy and the strain was due to the result of the stress test which is to be expected.

It was found even in the resting state though and is there a way to get rid of PACs and PVCs
Also so we’re 100% confident in not passing out losing conciousness now?

Yes i believe we are 100% confident in you NOT losing consciousness

there is nothing that could cause this light headedness feeling type passing out feeling then? That could actually cause me to pass out I still feel it and continuous to get worse and that is my sole worry.
From all of your tests so far I don't see any condition which can cause you to pass out
Okay and there is metabolic reason to cause this for certain? I have had all my blood tests and they always come back normal.

Metabolic causes should have shown up on the other tests, this is not any common metabolic problem. The only major symptom you have is lightheadedness and nothing else, this is why it is difficult to diagnose this problem. Hence a complete clinical examination (physical examination) may yield some clues.

Yeah I am
Just worried about something progressing in my blood that could be causing this it’s super weird feeling and goes on all day everyday
But food doesn’t help
Is there anything that could be pulling blood away from my head all though if that were true laying down would help
The reason why I think it could be something blood is because it’s there all day and nothing helps it really and continues to progress worse
It effects my vision to I don’t like looking up anymore because I feel the symptoms and it’s kinda the feeling when you bend over touch your toes and then you come up fast and you feel pressure behind your eyes and it’s kinda fuzzy at first but for me that is all the time.
I don’t see me neurologist until the 26th couldn’t get in any sooner so just thought I would run this by you.

I understand the feeling but we should have seen any clues if this was a blood related issue or a metabolic issue, in atleast some of the tests that you have had done so far.

My mom died of ketoacisdosis coma this is not me right?
nothing metabolic at this point could be causing this? I am not off balance I am not losing my balance it’s just a really weird feeling of what I have explained before

No nothing metabolic, in order to get ketoacidosis you need to have diabetes, which you dont. So nothing of that sort at all.

Okay I mean I just don’t feel great
there is no point to go to ER I feel
So helpless man
I feel like the figure skater on the Olympics there was something wrong but no doctor could figure it out
My number one worry is losing consciousness and I feel close

There is no reason to believe that you will lose consciousness, there is no disease process in the brain or in your blood tests which would cause you to lose consciousness.

Yeah I mean that would progress like this all day
I still can remember everything
But I just feel close to passing out or losing consciousness so there is nothing possible any longer with blood pressure heart checked arteries in the neck blood checked but this thing just slowly progresses
If it were blood would food make it better or blood pressure I feel like running or standing on my head or something would smell Ti better
I have found 0 ways of relief not even sleeping
I really have no idea. But you can say now with all the tests I have done your 100% certain that I am not going to lose conciousness? Or pass out?

Get the clinical examination done and if that shows no clues, then consider starting a medication for anxiety. I understand that it is less likely to be the cause but at this point in time it would be worth it to try one for 2-4 weeks to see if the symptoms improve. It is worth considering it and treating it, JUST to see if your symptoms disappear or not. At the same time we can consider the other possibilities such as cervicogenic dizziness (which is due to dizziness caused by cervical spine issues)

But for now, based on these tests i can say that you should not lose consciousness because of any disease process related to the brain or metabolic causes. Passing out because of anxiety that is another thing.

No jaundice correct?
What about like adrenal fatigue maybe?

No jaundice.

Adrenal fatigue is not a medical conditions, it is something which is considered by naturopaths etc, but adrenal insufficiency is a medical diagnosis and it should be been diagnosed with the cortisol levels. The cortisol levels would have been low.

What have your colleagues said?
anxiety I have tried it before
But I can try it again if you think need be

Unfortunately all of them went through all the ideas which we have already discussed and eliminated, even the head neurologist at our institute came up empty. the point he made was that there have to be some other symptoms in order for some rare syndrome to be diagnosed. Also he did say that we may be missing something which is why the clinical examination may need to be repeated.

You still have the symtoms I logged right?
Okay well hmm so I can not lose consciousness from anything not working properly is what your saying but I could pass out from panic or over breathing?
But something metabolic should have already came up because it’s not the light headedness like you breathe in and out to fast or you push out really hard for like 30 seconds and you turn bright red and see stars it’s not that type of light headed it’s different
That’s what makes me think it’s metabolic something in my blood causing these feelings
But have had every blood test feel like I could have done
Looking up discussion boards with people who have similar cases
That's the point.... I do have all the symptoms you mentioned but none of them fit into anything which we can think of.
Well discussion boards may be a good idea... If you find someone who has similar symptoms maybe that can give us a clue.
Could I have normal blood tests and my body reacts differently to the normal numbers?
I mean is there anything that you could think of that is there in the middle of the night when I wake up when I go to bed all day and it continuous to get worse with nothing making it feel any better?
Food exercise nothing makes it better sitting on top of my head upside now
Vestibular rehab didn’t make it better
I have been trying myself but it has been hard didn’t know if there was any thoughts that would be plausible on your end.

Not really as we have gione through most of the possibilities here.

Hmmmm just so weird
Do you know if I had my ferritin checked in my
Blood or noT? Could not remember
Something that could be causing it possibly
Also could this be hemolytic anemia?
Hemolytic anemia should cause anemia.... Which you don't have... It shoukd cause fragmented rbcs to show up in the cbc which you don't have.... It should cause elevated ldh which you don't have...so no this is not likely to be Hemolytic anemia.
Fragmented RBCs?
I don’t think I have had LDH tested?
Broken down red blood cells which would occur with hemolytic anemia. Even if it was not tested the hemoglobin should have been low which it was not in your case. Not in the lower side but actually significantly low and hemolytic anemia left unchecked by now would have caused severe jaundice and severe complications by now.
The slightly raised bilirubin could be due to a congenital problem with the liver which is harmless and does not cause problems like Dublin Johnson syndrome or criggler najar syndrome. If you had conjugated bilirubin which was slightly high then the former is possible. This would however not cause your symptoms. And it does not require treatment
with my blood tests you are certain I do not have hemolytic anemia?
Okay as long as you are certain
They would have seen fragmented RBCs so they look for that because I have had 3-4 blood counts Whole blood counts
they would have seen them
Oh well I am just being persistent because I do feel like imma faint or lose consciousness and I really have no idea why so I am trying to figure out anything
I just want to relieve my Symtoms before who knows it’s to late
It’s such an uncomfortable feeling and I am wondering if the twitching would have anything to do with it as well
I am literally so lost
It is possible but I think first have your neurologist do the exam maybe he can find some clue which will make this all fit
Okay so your 100% with all the testing I have done I won’t lose conciousness the only way would be to faint from anxiety?

Yes im sure.

Wow okay well then you are sure

I dont see a reason for you to lose consciousness based on these tests.

There really isn’t a way to lose consciousness according to you because we covered all our basis and anything that could cause loss consciousness has been teated once or more times

yes that is true.

Okay so you have any idea what is causing this uncomfortable feeling then?
But that is good we have covered all those
Or else I would have gone to the ER to make sure I didn’t have hemolysis anemia
Good night man I feel super light headed I have no idea what is causing this feeling but hopefully something not serious

Sorry i was offline,

Well we dont know what is causing the lightheadedness at this point and we need more information.

It’s just such an uncomfortable feeling
I just don’t want damage to be happening that is irreversible this is the only thing left I could even consider like .0001% possible another MRI on head and that my liver is working fine and not not sending toxins to my brain other then that I have no idea where to go at this point in time
Any type of Anemia is 100% out of the conversation and same with diabetes or metabolic causes so I feel like that is all that is .0000001% plausible
But you said it can’t be liver because you rule out encelopathy
I am really getting cornered
Hope your having a great day man
Happy Friday to you!
With this muscle fasculation thing all over my body and my light headedness wooziness makes me think it’s something with the liver and that area has not been tested but idk thinking out loud
I don’t know how or what but it’s seems to make the most sense idk your thoughts?
I had a question as well what does your body pee out just curious because I always had a to pee lots and I feel like my body is trying to get rid of something so I was wondering what you pee out like what nutrients?

Sorry i have been offline, been busy with a major conference so i might not reply as often the next few days.

The liver is possible but less likely as we have discussed it previously, the lab tests should have shown something. But you can get an ultrasound to confirm it is normal.

The urine contains breakdown products of the nutrients that you eat, it contains ammonia, urea and other waste products.

Okay because I have always been tested for bladder infection or urinary tract infection because I pee a lot 2-3 even 4 times at night I’m wondering if my body is trying to get rid of something that we have not tested before. What is all things in urine that can be tested for?
Okay sounds good I understand
You available?
Hey man feeling terrible you there? Getting ammonia and celiac disease tested

I am online now.

Okay the reason I feel the I know it is light headedness is because I don’t really feel off balance and it’s the same type of feeling when you push out really hard when your passing gas or pooping and you push really hard it’s that type of feeling
It’s really uncomfortable
I’m starting to feel weak in the legs some what like im going to lose conciousness never had this feeling before

When is your appointment with a neurologist? You should have him evaluate you as soon as possible.

I just saw her yesterday
She did all the neurological tests
She did ringing in my ear she tested my nerve reactions she tested if I could feel both sides of my face also tested my eyes etc etc
My strength all over my body
This is the evaluation you were looking for right?

Yes, do you have any records where she documented her findings?

She said everything was normal
This
this
Is what she put
She gave off no impression that anything was not normal
She just had ammonia checked and celiac disease checked.
I really do not feel great though man laying in bed lately
She could tell at this point it’s insanely uncomfortable for me this light headedness

Her examination notes are not in here, did she say what type of encephalopathy she was thinking of? Because encephalopathy does not make any sense here.

No she did not I don’t think she knew what to do sense I have had blood work and done MRI brain and EEG as well as worked with ENT and I did PT for vestibular she did not know what to do really. So she ordered those two blood tests
What would her examination notes tell you? I can request them
But I need to figure something out soon I feel so helpless man and I am so uncomfortable I can hardly work anymore this past week I hardly worked.
I looked up all reasons for cause of loss conciousness and basically I have checked off all those boxes but I feel that light headedness like i am going to I am starting to get so light headed I feel kinda weak or fatigued and balance is not 100% but still not stumbling or anything
Because you said I don’t have anemia or diabetes
I really don’t know
See
another
Hopefully your available today or maybe a call
Most likely gonna be in bed all day so I am free

The lists that you have sent me, none of them are applicable here because they would have been picked up on the tests that you have had done so far. I think since we are stuck at this point, i would recommend visiting the Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic where they may be able to come up with something.

we are 100% sure it’s not diabetes anemia or ketoacisdosis
then also could it be something where my blood gets pulled into my legs? Would it be worth getting another brain MRI even though I had one in Dec 2015 with contrast Tesla 3

Diabetes and ketoacidosis would have shown up in the blood tests. Anemia again should have shown up in blood tests.

A repeat MRI would be worth it since it has been 3 years since your last one.

Twitching all over my body is there and usually happens every 15 seconds or so and it’s there 24/7 along with light headedness these two things never go away
But don’t know how they correlate and it has been just over 2 years
But okay will let her know that
Have you ever had something like this in any of your patients where they have tried so much and still can’t figure it out either on here or in person?

We had just one patient but he had different symptoms and we eventually reached diagnosis. That patient's symptoms were markedly different.

loss of conciousness is basically impossible to happen at this point there is no way I could lose conciousness with all my tests?
Also I am in contact with neruorlogist so if there is a test you think should be ordered that hasn’t been covered let me know I would really appreciate it

With these tests there is no reason for you to lose consciousness. If you can, get the MRI of the brain done, and ask your neurologist about the possibility of cervicogenic dizziness and ask her if she suspects that based on your examination.

Thing is I know for sure I am not dizzy I am 100% light headed my balance is fine and nothing is really moving around me I can walk just fine
It’s the light headedness that really affects my day
Do you think it could be internal bleeding at all.
No i dont hunk this is internal bleeding a all
Okay like slow internal bleeding somewhere? I guess if I were internally bleeding then taking my blood this many times something would have happened
Oak is there anything else I am asking about those two things
If there is anything else let me know
Is it worth going to a better equipped ER
cardiac is 100% ruled out is that correct? He is referring me to another cardiologist

With your previous cardiac tests, it is less likely that it is cardiac in nature. Slow internal bleeding is unlikely to be the cause here, because even if it was bleeding slowly the lab tests would have picked up on it.

Going to a better equipped ER is not teh answer, the mayo clinic or a large university hospital where they can investigate this issue thoroughly is a better option.

I don’t have anywhere around me
Is there anything in Washington state you would recommend?

I believe i recommended University of washington medical center, Seattle previously as well.

Who should I start with?
What type of doctor?

Go for an internist first he can take a whole view of the situation and determine which other specialist would be most useful.

Okay so this light headed feeling could you run a check list of what could be causing this and then put checked next to it if checked and not checked if it has not been checked.
then maybe we can start to close the options down please and thanks this would do lots to help me.

I believe we have gotten through all of the things which can cause this and eliminated them one by one.

Ruled out the following,

Inner ear issues

Cardiac problems

AUtonomic dysfunction

Hypertension caused by secondary issues like pheochromocytoma

Vertebral artery issues

Anemia

Liver failure

Encephalopathies

Encephalitis/Meningitis

100% none of these?
I know for certain at this point it’s light headedness not dizziness. I am 100% confident that is what scares me
I don’t feel tired though
Just extremely light headed at this point

No none of these fit in at all with your symptoms and would have shown up on your tests or you would have had various other symptoms.

One thing which is essentially a shot in the dark at this point, maybe we can consider heavy metal intoxication. While that would also not completely fit into this scenario, some heavy metals like lead, mercury, cadmium may cause lightheadedness when present in large amounts in the body. The internist in the university hospital may be able to help here in getting tested for that as well.

Haven’t I had the metals tested prior? In late 2016?

I dont think so, i didnt find them in our conversation. If you did let me know and we can take them off the list as well.

Wilson’s is 100% out as well?
Can you see this?
Here
If I do lose conciousness can you call where ever I am at and let them know what is going on?
I will tell my girl freind to have them
Contact you
You speak fluent English? You know my case better then anyone else

Wilsons is out as well because the ceruloplasmin and copper were normal.

And these tests did not include the heavy metals i was talking about earlier

And yes i do speak fluent english however i dont believe you will need to contact me because you are NOT likely to lose consciousness. Whatever this is it has not progressed to an extent where it can cause unconsciousness otherwise there should have been changes in some of your tests or your neurologist should have picked up on some abnormality.

I have never lost conciousness but I feel really close to it and I told my girl friend to contact you! do you have a number or does the phone on here work?
It has been going on for so long and so slowly it could be tough to pick up

Again that would be against the site policy, we cant be your primary physician, we can advise only. I can only work within the confines of the sites rules.

I can make you a summary of your case which you can keep with you if you want, ill work on the word document as soon as i find time and send it to you.

Dang it
I can only call you on here if something happens though do you have an email mine is***@******.***

Which is why the University hospital is your best option, get a doctor onboard in that institute have him go through your entire case and take over full management.

Yes you can only contact me through here.

I would really appreciate that man if it could be soon I might try and call today uw

Ill try my best to get it done within a couple of days. But even if you dont have the summary just have your records transferred to UW which would be in much more detail.

If you could make a full summary that would be great and so you are 100% what ever I am feeling right now will not cause me to lose conciousness?
Because I would have been feeling other things or already caught?

Yes exactly, something should have been detected by now.

Why does it feel like it then even my balance is a bit quivery
Would weak swallowing have to do with anything
But I am going to have them call you if I do though would I notice sleepiness or something?
I just don’t get this
If you going to pass out the you would have experienced spells of fainting, seizures or atleast blurred vision. Dizziness is another symptom which should occur but your feel only lightheaded. Everything comes back normal so i dont see why you should fall unconscious
Like I am slightly dizzy yes
My balance feels off
But I am not tumbling over
Again most of the things which would cause the loss of consciousness in your case have been ruled out.
Vision is a bit fuzzy but only far away things
I am just saying if I do lose conciousness my gf will call you because you know my case better then anyone else
Let me know when you do that case file
If you could do that today or tomorrow that would be lovely I will compensate you for your time as well let me know how long it takes and I will compensate
metals I should get checked?
Also when you say most things you mean the metal? Because before it was all things have been ruled out just clarifying
If you could do It by tomorrow that would be best before 10am Pacific time I will make sure to compensate you.
I’m driving two hours tomorrow for 2 internal medicine appts
I made two appts for tomorrow
Two different doctors in internal medicine
I know that is spur of the moment
But I would really appreciate if you could do that and I can send them on here
I think 10:30 your time
Pm
I’m going to Virginia Mason and valley medical
Appointments at 10:30 am and 2:00pm
I am up as well will be for a bit
You see the small white on the top of my uvula or the ball hanging down is that anything or completely normal? Does everything look normal back there
I am up hello you there?
It’s the middle of the night for me I’ll be up in 4-5 hours
Test 1
Test 2
Test 3
Test 4
Test 5
Test 6
Test 7
Test 8
Test 9
They are some others but these are the ones I got in the middle of the night some are above as well
I will compensate you for your time I will be up in 4 hours and then at the appt in 8 hours 30 mins would truly appreciate if it was possible to do the summary appreciate it so much

Please find attached the summary and an added services offer.

Appreciate this
I am on my phone so sending you compensation I can’t do from here

Welcome

But I will get it done within today wish me luck man

Best of luck.

Do you have time to make any touch ups? If not I can make a couple of changes I do get the head aches but from this light headedness is the cause like the woozybess

You can make the changes where there is information missing (add it in parentheses)

Okay sounds good

Best of luck

I appreciate it man I really do
I think that covered everything
This is what my girl Friend came upmith
Idk what you think but if this were cancer would they have caught it on the chest x Ray or blood test or MRA of head and neck? Is it worth getting a full body scan?
Or just upper body?
they would have caught it on xrays and mra of the head and neck. This is unlikely to be cancer as it would have shown up in the blood tests as well. I dont see the need for a full body scan right now.
Do remember to accept the added services offer thanks.
I will
Trust me I owe it to you also read this^
Interesting
I never did a repeat test
There is no need for a repeat test as it was negative.
Also
It said may need to repeat test in 20-15 days
But okay also how would MRA show cancer? Because before we talked about doing a upper body scan
Driving now
One last thing do you think it could be anything with the blood pooling to my legs? Saw that mentioned before
Parkinson’s disease can cause this is what I saw but it’s not the only way
Came in
Are you there?
Here is where we are at the internal
Specialist ordered an MRI of the head but I asked my neurologist and she said she doesn’t think it needed to be done especially after the MRA so I am kind of stuck. Thanks, ***** ***** feel like a full body mri would just rule out everything at this point
Thoughts?
Just got back from all of the appointments I will pay you tonight or tomorrow morning they just referred me to more neurologists. Kind of felt some what pointless one of them ordered and MRI of brain but my neurologist didn’t feel like I needed it after the MRA. I feel like things that would be 100% confidence that everything is good is upper body full mri scan metal toxicity blood work Maganese blood work and ICP nerve test and Kayser Fleischer ring check. Could not think of any possible thing else
She said that MRA showed no ICP but I am sure that is tough to tell.
I am taking hydroxyzine for now 25mg daily
3 times daily

I dont think you need a KP check at all, the heavy metal toxins are necessary along with a MRI of the brain. A full body MRI would be expensive and it may not reveal any new information but it can be done if there are no other viable options left.

My neurologist said the MRA showed most not all of the brain she said she didn’t think I need it. But if you think I do then I will get it done.
A mra alone would usually show only the vessels but if the mra was conducted with an mri then your neurologist was right and it may not be necessary
When Swedish did the MR angiogram, they get brain MRI pictures to 'Cut and paste" to make picture s of the arteries, so in essence you have already had another brain MRI, although it did not contain every last sequence that the fullmeal deal does.Your fundoscopic exam did not show optic nerve head pressure, and we can see these nerves on the recent brain MRA with nothing compressing them. I still suggest to see some type of eye MD or OD to check out subtle eye movement asymmetry.Your liver ammonia test is normal. Celiac tests still pending.
This is what she said
It should have sent the 60 think I just sent it

There are two ways to do a MRA, one is to do via the method which you described and the other one ONLy looks at the arteries. But i still think a full brain MRI with all the images including T1, T2 and FLAIR sequences should be done.

Okay doing it today with contrast and trying to get a stool test to look for candida and metal toxicity test and eye test today to look for ICP and kayser rings today’s anything else you could think of? Also trying to get my iodine checked
I keep doing blood tests how much is to much blood tests?
I would not worry about the number of tests, we do them on a daily basis several times a day in the ICU and even then the patient is alright. So as long a she tests are staggered then there is nothing to worry about. I think the icp and kp tests are going to be normal.
KP?
Just don’t want to lose to much blood they took a lot for ammonia and they took a little last time for the contrast in Feb 8th they did a full CBC and panel plus miscallenous tests as well
We are sure if this were cardiac this would have already been picked up right?
My BP is fine pulse is fine heart is no clots or anything. I don’t know why else cardiology wise could cause it besides arrhythmia but they said pacs and PVC’s I had were normal
We’re 100% negative ok diabetes as well?

KF sorry, that was a typo. Yes a cardiac issue would have been picked up and if you have PVCs then i think a repeat 7 day holter monitor would be useful here.

And yes you dont have diabetes.

When I exercised he caught them. But he said they were completely normal but usually only occurs when I exercise. But they have gotten worse.
My eyes were completely fine btw just got done

If they have gotten worse then get a holter monitor done, if they are worsening then they can certainly explain your lightheadedness.

But my pulse is fine no arrhythmia for the most part and when I run or lay no difference and it’s constant light headedness so just trying to make sense out of that.
Going to do MRI with contrast in 1hr
That really sucked
I just found my body feels very heavy I think that is what I have been trying to say
This whole time but number one worry is anemia I know it seems crazy but I don’t know
Seems crazy I know
It’s impossible at this point you said
Hemolytic could be hiding it but then it would have showed up in other MCV or others idk
My body just feels really heavy lately

The heavy feeling can be due to anemia but we have already ruled that out so i think at this point in time we can concentrate on the heavy metal issue, the brain MRI and see where that leads us.

This is what they saw on the MRI

Do you have more details regarding this finding?

That’s all they said on the phone

This could be anything, from a simple infarct to various demyelinating conditions, we need more details about the finding before anything can be said.

That is all the radiologist said then the internal medicine doctor called and relayed how would we find out more?
He said it was small and nothing to be worried about

Once the full report comes in, we can know the exact size

Oh okay they said it was small I believe
But if it were metal toxicity wouldn’t these show all over the brain as small lesions?

No not necessarily, it may not cause any lesions in the brain.

Tried to get that done today I don’t think they ordered it though
Ok

Lets wait for the full report.

I did a stool test and there was little spots of blood in it that I could see
Could this be something?
They didn’t test it though but I did one and saw there was pieces of blood in it
Little spots of blood in the stool are very commonly due to hemorrhoids which can be diagnosed in a simple rectal examination.
But that still would not explain the lightheadedness. It could cause lightheadedness if the blood loss led to anemia but iAs long as your cbc is normal anemia is not a possibility
Okay well they did another CBC yesterday so we will see
Body just feels heavy and my heart rate has been higher then normal like 110 112 just standing up not really even walking and 68 when asleep
I wear a Fitbit
Even hemolysis would appear on there?
Also celiac came back normal but immunoglobulin A was low

Yes hemolysis would appear on a CBC. A slightly high heart rate can also be due t0o stress and anxiety.How low was the IgA level?

Here it is

Thanks, ***** ***** not low enough to cause any serious issues. Usually, when you have selective IgA deficiency or any other cause for the low IgA levels, the level is usually under 20 and your level is not significantly low. It can be this low at times and not cause any issues.

Okay sounds good

Lets wait for the full MRI report.

I have been tested for HIV like 3-4 years ago and it came back negative I would have no reason to think it would be faulty I did it at planned parent hood
What do you mean full report?

The full report which would tell me the exact size, appearance, location in the brain. Additionally it will tell how it showed up in T1, T2 and FLAIR images...it is a detailed report. HIV would have caused various changes in your blood work by now so i dont think that is the answer.

Okay
Single focus white matter in the right occipital lobe
That is what he said on the phone but I can get the report I think

If you can that would be great, if they can have them email it to you.

They can’t I asked
He read the report to me it didn’t say flair
Single focus white matter in the right occipital lobe that is exsctlt what he said

Well this doesnt tell us much, it doesnt tell us the size, the appearance on various images. I think we would need for your doctor to review this and give us more information.

Okay will do

Best of luck

Blood work
Hey

These are normal

I got my blood drawn and it still looks like this two days later is this a clot?
My hand is tingly a bit now
I woke up with a bit of a tingly left hand this morning don’t know what to do?
That is what it looks like now this morning other pic was two days ago
it’s still red it’s not really bruising looks like blood getting oxygenated kinda
That is a simple bruise not a clot, these are common after blood draws
Just notice hand kind of throbbing slash tingly first time I notice it
Also I feel super heavy in my head just overall anyone else have any ideas to what this is?
Occipital lobe he said was for vision shouldn’t really cause light headedness is what he said
Didn’t sleep well last night
Hope you got my compensation btw
Also is small white matter lesions?
Does this white matter mean a brain lesion?
I know I always say this but I am almost positive within in the next day or two I am going to lose consciousness I hardly slept last night this is not good man
Good night man trying a full metal cleanse I need relief I got Whole Foods detox and ginger bananas dulse Atlantic leaves as well
Sorry I was offline yesterday.
Actually white matter is part of the grain which is made of connections between the neurons so yes it is a brain lesion.
The occipital is concerned with vision however some connections go through the area for control of balance as well but mostly it controls the vision.
something is causing a brain lesion? Could be metal? Don’t know why else it would be at this point or encelopathy idk but doing the cleanse I need relief bad.

Not likely to be metal but it is a lesion whose cause should be determined.

People told me it could be a mis read of miss fire on the scan.
But what could cause this
That is what they said here is the report
Neurologist said this “
Hi Cameron: I have reviewed your scan . This is a tiny dot of 1 -2 mm seen only only 1 view, and on the cross sectrions and other views it cannot be seen. Either it is not real on that 1 view or it is extremely subtle. It is noT in an area that would give you the symptoms you complain of.”

Well now that more information is available and that there is only a single lesion which is 1-2 mm in size and is visible ONLY a single cross-section, this means that it is likely to be an artifact. An artifact is a lesion which is actually NOT present in your brain and is rather the effect of the test itself. Artifacts can confuse radiologists at times and that is why your neurologist would be the best judge whether this lesion is significant or not. In my experience, a lesion which is visible ONLY on a single view is almost always an artifact and is NOT clinically significant. The artifact is created because of the way MRI is done and is not indicate any underlying brain lesion.

Hmmm okay so this gets us no where?

unfortunately that is correct

Shoooooot
You notice how the top
Of my
Head is inverted could this be anything from birth of something just realized this
Batik worth getting metal checked?

Heavy metal levels in your blood should be checked as we have ruled out essentially everything else. regarding the shape of the head, that is not anything which would cause these symptoms.

What does MRA of head and neck rule out
MRI of head with contrast show that I don’t have?
Encephalopathy out?

An MRA of the head rules out any problems with the arteries of the brain and an MRI of the brain rules out tumors, MS, ischemic lesions infections, compression of the brain, raised pressure in the brain, trauma, aneurysms, abnormal growths essentially most of the neurological causes.

Had my eyes checked everything was normal looked forcopper and nothing he looked hard too
metal is still plausible not likely?
Going to call make sure this hadn’t been done
Feel like they had to of if we were doing nerve testing and EEG

Heavy metal poisoining would NOT be visible as metal in the MRI, it is actually in the form of microscopic particles accumulating in your body which can cause malfunctioning of the organs. They would not be visible in the MRI if that is what you were thinking about, they would be detected via a blood test to check for their levels in your system.

An EEG is likely to come back as normal.

I heard hair test is best is this true?

It depends, but i would recommend a blood test

Also iodine check that?
Also kind of seems like my vision is slowed like I’m drunk lag

It can check for iodine levels as well.

Ok I feel like I have done these when they did the copper as well but trying to figure this out
Is this safe to take?
Really really high in iodine from what I read it takes out lots of metals from ur body
If it’s iodine then I am unlucky
This is what neurologist said
My neurologist referred me to mylabsforlife there an online test clinic I can order the metal toxic from them

Yes that is safe to take and we can consider the hair test if the blood one is hard to find.

There trying to sell me on buying the mold one as well and thinking about getting comprehensive stool test for candida thoughts on which one I should use
https://www.mylabsforlife.com/lab-tests/
https://www.questdiagnostics.com/testcenter/BUSearch.action?submitValue=BUSearch&keyword=Stool+Culture+Profile+I&searchString=
https://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/order-a-test-lp
In terms of being most trust worthy and quickest results I am leaning towards my labs for life because she referred me but still quest diagnostics might be faster but can’t find those tests

Questdiagnostics is the one i would go for however if they dont do these tests then you can go for mylabsforlife as recommended by your doctor. The stool test for candida is not relevant here as candida is normally present in our bodies , it will rarely cause any symptoms. The mold one can be considered however

https://www.verisana.com/stool-tests?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqYfWBRDPARIsABjQRYwOA8C4MqxTfViF8YEltm6wVr-P49WERYePBIWLPx5eo-9Z9cHxFjcaAsevEALw_wcB this place is just strictly stool I think
Quest diagnostics seems like they don’t can you tell? For what I have seen they don’t and they take a while to be seen
Going to bed though I will be up in 8 hrs

No they check both stool and saliva for various things.

Ill check quest diagnostics once again.

What are your thoughts

At this point in time you should get the heavy metal tests done.

I know but from
Where?
Out of those 3-4 places and my neurologists said it’s best to do hair
Because this has been going on for so long
Should I do that or blood?
Or one that you would reccomend?
Ordered 1K Worth I did comprehensive stool test hair analysis and mold test
If this gets no where what would be our last options? Possible liver scan?
CTE possibility here? What ever this is it slowly gets worse and no one has been able to catch it or stop it with anything not even diet is really working I know it doesn’t follow traditional symtoms but light headedness muscle fisculations and swallowing weakness are my main symtoms
Do you think it’s worth getting an ultra sound to see if the blood is flowing properly?
Also there are so many types of encephalopathy hard to rule out everyone one and is there some that can be ruled out in the brain scan
B-1 vitamin possibility?
CTE is from when I played football from 6th-10th grade and then that is when this all started 10th grade
I know that is a lot
Goodnight man see you in the morning

CTe is a less likely possibility because it should also cause headaches, cognitive issues including memory issues. Lightheadedness alone makes this diagnosis less likely. encephalopathy should affect other cognitive functions as well which have not been affected in your case. Now that you have ordered the tests done, lets see what happens and what do they say. Another liver scan would not reveal anything new i think. We are essentially stuck at this point.

Yeah CTE is such and unknown thing and it progressively gets worse like a degenerative disease nothing stops it even trying this hardcore cleanse and doesn’t seem to be stopping it
Anything your colleagues have been saying or any other neurogists?
What part of the brain causes muscle fasculations all over the body?

Muscle fasiculations are more of a problem with the spinal cord rather than the brain, they are an indication of a lower motor neuron lesion and usually in this situation the problem lies with the muscles themselves or the neurons arising from the spinal cord.

I literally get them all over

even if you get them all over they are not due to the brain but rather due to the spinal cord, muscles or nerves. Brain issues dont cause fasiculations.

That is so weird could this be caused by spine?
Light headedness

In your case, it is likely to be benign fasiculation syndrome which is a problem more associated with the muscles themselves

Yeah but why does it happen every where and 10-15 times a minute all day everyday
I just cancelled my cardiology appt it’s a two hour drive there and back and I feel like there just going to say the same thing
It can’t be cardiac I have have had 3-4 echos and all normal
Don’t think it would have been worth it so you?
Do*
Would it be worth Doppler of my head to see how the blood is flowing?
Also this is what I am getting tested on but candida possibility?
This is means a bit low immune system so just wondering i should eat candida diet also gluten is no longer possible issue with these results correct?

Gluten is not an issue, secondly a doppler of the head wont be of much use as your MRA was normal and if there was a problem in obstruction of blood flow then it would have shown up on the MRA. Candida usually doesnt only cause lightheadedness but it is worth testing for. I think a holter monitor test may be done to determine if your PVCs are worse which may be responsible for the lightheadedness.

I can feel them most of the time but I am always light headed and every time I got an EKG done for a checkup it’s normal it’s usually only brought on with running with an occasional skip
Or two when walking or sitting. But constantly lightheaded just heads up

A holter monitor would look at your heart for a prolonged period of time and it would give us a better idea of the frequency and severity of the PVCs. An EKG just looks at a single point in time so i would recommend the holter and would actually recommend a 7 day holter.

Feel like the cardiologist would have said something if they were severe but okay I have also had this done before multiple times. But never find anything this could be different but I only get them really when I run maybe 1-2 besides that.
Anything else you or your colleagues can think of? Thanks

If they come up with something i will let you know.

Okay new symtom for sure 100% was waiting until i was certain I have been able to fall asleep for 4-5 hours over the past 5 days but I can not fall back to sleep and I am very tired this has never happened to me before in my life I sleep without any issue without a doubt? This is 100% a new symtom and of sucks. What could cause this?
Anything helps thanks man

That is likely to be anxiety and stress over your lightheadedness and the absence of a diagnosis. Insomnia of this sort is common in situations like yours.

Okay no encephalopathy? What ever this is consistently get worse without a doubt

No this is not encephalopathy

That is the scary part it continues to get worse

Which is why you need to visit a university hospital like university of washington medical center.

I am Friday 9:20 am internal specialist (tomorrow)

Lets see if he has any new ideas

Should I do this?
If a paid you for like a couple hours or 4 hours could we talk on the phone and go over every inch of testing and ideas we come up with? On the phone? Or do you think this would not be helpful?

This test would not be as useful, i would suggest you wait for the appointment with your doctor. At this point in time a phone call would not help you significantly, i would wait for an evaluation from the internist first as i would like to hear his point of view.

Okay
Candida you don’t think this could be it? At all? Why is that what if this caused a leaky gut I read a forum of people who have this issue maybe sometime you should check it out there all my age about and there all going through what I am going through it’s crazy and not one doctor out there is responding to these people it’s an unknown
Type in google what provokes constant light headedness 24/7 and there is tons of pages there all my age and going through literally 100% the exact same thing all tests normal the doc looks at you like your crazy.
Common things were candida and iodine
Google > “What provokes constant light headedness 24/7”
Why worries me is this might be something new that doctors have no clue about

Well i dont think this is candida and these tests are not really reliable, candida would always be found in your body and even in large quantities it would not cause symptoms unless the immune system was compromised. The only candida infections which actually cause issues are the systemic ones which are found in the bloodstream.

I have read multiple places stool test is the most accurate
Any my immune system on the celiac was a bit weak it shouldn’t be that weak for my age I have no allergies either.
Can cause leaky gut is what they said I don’t necessarily think I have that but just saying.

A leaky gut is a theory which is still contested among medical professionals, that is something which some doctors would subscribe to while most wont. It is more of a naturopath diagnosis than in traditional medicine

Gotcha but stool analysis was the best way to test for candida is what they said all over the web. Don’t know why but just saw thay
Do you think it could be my posture ? But I am not saying your wrong about the blood tests just going off multiple people and they said.
Candida supposed to be in your blood right?
Would they have seen candida in my brain scan or in my eye checkup if it were in the blood stream?
My company is internet based this is what someone sent me

Candida causing issues related to the brain would have caused inflammation in the brain, secondly candida can be found ANYWHERE in the body but if it is present in the bloodstream that needs to be treated always. Candida on the skin and in your gut does not necessarily need treatment. The article you sent me is what naturopaths and alternative medicine doctors talk about, im not saying it is wrong but it is something which has not been proven scientifically in mainstream medicine. It may be what is causing your issue and you can certainly try this approach as no other tests etc have yielded answers.

Gotcha do you think that could be it I keep getting that dropping feeling like I’m am going to pass out more and more and comes on stronger and stronger to a point where now I have to clench my teeth and my fists.
Again if candida was the cause then it should have shown up on the mri
Hmmmm she said she did not see any sign of it.
Don’t know what else it would be on this point have a cold sore above my top left lip as well
That is usually symtom I am just worried it is in my blood
I am just worried of a coma is all because my mom died from one and there is no official report of it that I have seen. Could CTE cause a coma all though we don’t know much about it

CTE would not suddenly cause a coma, it would usually cause the other symptoms rather than a coma.

Usually? So there has been case with a coma? I just know I am prone to them with my mom passing from one is all. And I feel more and more like imma lose conciousness.

A coma is NOT a inherited disease, infact a coma is not a disease at all. It is a consequence of many neurological and other diseases. And CTE would not cause a coma.

We have no evidence though to back this up. It means that I am more susceptibal to a coma.
This all started back when I quit playing football I remember that specifically.
Sophomore year of high school

Well again CTE is not know to cause comas in patients so there is no evidence of it causing a coma either. I dont see how you are susceptible to a coma as there are no signs which can cause this.

What are signs of comas oncoming? Or symtoms?
I have cold sores that I never get coming in and they are worse then this now

Those are canker sores they can develop due to various causes and they are usually not an indication of anything severe.Normal healthy people can get them as well. And the biggest cause for them is anxiety or stress.

Also please open a new question as this one is so long and extensive that i am having troubling accessing it. I have trouble sending through replies as it is slowing down my access to the site.