Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

When I say something important or speak in front of the

Hi, when I say...

Hi, when I say something important or speak in front of the public, or just worry about something, a red spot appear on my neck. Is that ok?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Probably last 5 years

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

I would like to ask few details regarding your symptoms/question to assist you more efficiently.

Can you describe this red spot a little more? Is it painful when it appears? How big it is? And how much time it takes to disappear?

Red spot appear chaotic (looks like spots from nettles) on my neck, they are not painful when they appear and no pain when they disappear. Approximately 30 min I need to be calm and they disappear

Thank you very much for the useful information.

This is nothing significant, and appears that this could be a congested blood vessel/vein due to increased blood flow, as it can happen when some one is anxious and if there is muscular strain in a particular area of body.

Also, since this has been present for ling, with out any pathological symptoms, I am sure this is not some thing serious or dangerous.

And if still you are concerned about it, an ultrasound of the area of neck where it appears will give a clear answer, but personally I don't think this is required.

Was it helpful?

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Thank you