Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My girlfriend has a kidney infection and shes been

Customer Question
My girlfriend has a...

My girlfriend has a kidney infection and shes been prescribed Ibilex, an antibiotic, she has also been taking paracetamol and ibruprofen for the past two days, she has just realised she has taken the wrong dose of the antibiotic and the pain is worse than ever shes also uncontrollably shaking and goes freezing cold and boiling constantly and feels sick. should we take her to A&E?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Im not allergic to anything and i only take the contraceptive pill daily, i do have asthma though

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had a kidney infection before and had to be hospitalised for one day

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/13/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 1 month ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

When did she start ibilex?

How many doses did she taken?

How frequently is she taking paracetamol and ibuprofen ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want more information
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She started yesterday morning up to now she has taken ten. She has took two paracetamol and two ibruprofen four times throughout the day for the past two days. So she’s had 16 of those today in total

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She said her chest is starting to feel tight and a bit asmathic too in the past half an hour

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for her symptoms.
Antibiotic can take some time to act.
It can take 2-3 days too to have its maximum effect.
As she has started yesterday only, it can take some time more.
Paracetamol can be taken for pain.
However, the tight feeling in the chest can be from exacerbation of asthma.
If she has any inhaler, she can use it.
If she does not feel relief, I would advise to take an examination by doctor in A&E.
She can need injections, oxygen for controlling her symptoms.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is it worrying that she’s taking double the dose she needed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it appears to be getting way worse

Double dose can cause side effect.

As she is feeling worse, she would need an urgent evaluation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s 1am in the morning here would you advise going to a&e or leaving it till the morning

How is her chest tightness now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She’s had her inhaler but it still feels tight

I am sorry.

Then it would be safer to get an examination in A & E.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)