Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 66years old. I weigh 203lbs, I’m 5’7” I’m pretty

healthy, I’m a. It muscular...
I am 66years old. I weigh 203lbs, I’m 5’7” I’m pretty healthy, I’m a. It muscular I was told that was a good thing so as I age I have muscle to loose, I’m very active but I can’t loose any weight. What should I do? Does this sound like a thyroid problem?
3/13/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

As you are unable to loose weight,following is recommended for you:

Reduce the amount of calories you eat.Eating 300 to 500 calories less per day should lead to a loss of between one and two pounds per week.You could start dieting. What you will have to do is keep an account of how many calories you take in each day.Cut down your calories.

-Increase your daily activities & work out(if you can).Avoid beer and alcohol.

-Avoid chocolate or biscuits in the week, choose healthy snacks such as fruit.

-Swap whole milk for semi-skimmed, or semi-skimmed for skimmed.

-Avoid smoking & alcohol consumption.

-Dont take fried,spicy,salty,chilly food items.

-Drink plenty of fluids.

-Eat a lot of salad & fruits.

All these tips will help you greatly in loosing weight.

Hypothyroid is a common cause in those who are having difficulty lossing weight.

If all this does not help or you had already tried then you needs a consultation of doctor.There may be some underlying causes like metabolic syndrome,hypothyroidism,familial obesity,cushing's disease or other causes.

So as of now,I advise you to follow these above described measures to loose weight.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor