Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having some abdominal pain recently. It began…

Customer Question
Hi i have been...

Hi i have been having some abdominal pain recently

Doctor's Assistant: When did the pain begin? Have you used any medication for it?

It began around yesterday - 2 days ago i’ve only taken tylenol

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really i’ve been having some cramping recently but didn’t think much of it. i swallowed a confetti star by accident but can’t tell if the two are related

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

when will i get a response?

Please provide some additional information.

What are your age and gender?

Do you suffer from nausea, vomiting, bloating, flatulence, diarrhea?

Is pain continuous or comes & goes?

Is it located in upper or lower, right or left side of the abdomen?

Any other medical illness?

Are you taking any medicines?

Burning and pain during urination?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

i’m 15 and a girl. a little nausea but no vomiting, bloating, but a little more flatulence than usual. the pain is in the upper left and it only comes and goes about 4 times a day. no other illnesses or pain during urination and no other medicines

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, your symptoms indicate indigestion, Intestinal spasms.

I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.
Maintain a good hydration with Gatorade.
Start Culturelle probiotic and Citrucel and take over the counter Gas X and Pepcid.
Eat a fiber-rich diet.
Take proper rest.

Warm compresses with a heating pad on the abdomen can be tried.

If your symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam ASAP and antispasmodic injections can be advised.

In case of an intense and unbearable pain then Kidney stone should be ruled out and then visit an emergency room.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.