Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has been talking in his sleep, has out bursts has…

Customer Question
My husband has been talking...
My husband has been talking in his sleep, has out bursts has fallen out of the bed several times. He has grabbed ahold of my arm a couple times he is seeing a doctor which doesn’t seem to be working maybe it’s the wrong doctor. He just retired as a lineman from the electric company....a stressful job. How dangerous is this condition and who else should he go and see?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/13/2018
Doctor: ASacks, Psychologist replied 4 months ago
ASacks
ASacks, Psychologist

Welcome to JustAnswers. My name is***** little bit about me… I am a psychologist and have been practicing for the last five years in private practice and in a community setting. I work with families and people of all ages. I am also a registered life coach and solution-focused therapist. I am passionate about helping people and finding solutions, not growing problems. I believe that the mind is a very powerful tool and can be used to achieve any outcome in life-positive thoughts lead to a positive life. I am here to help you with your question.

It seems like you are in a difficult position, I am sure this situation is giving rise to many feelings. I am sure it is also not easy for your husband.

It sounds like he is dealing with feelings that relate to stress and anxiety. this may be as a result of his job or of his retirement or both. Retirement can often lead to stress as it is a big life change.

Let me know a little more information about where you are with your current doctor and what has been tried.