Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am very worried about what the corn on my foot looks like.

I am very worried...

I am very worried about what the corn on my foot looks like. It is painful when pressed down and is discolored. Like a dark red

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain started last week I believe on a Wednesday. It was an unbearable pain. Anything that touched it hurt badly. I could barely walk. Then the pain was dull the next day and now I hurts to wear shoes and only thing that makes it less painful is no shoes at all

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing at all

3/13/2018
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

Please upload a picture to review.

Associated tenderness, swelling?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Arianna. I am a female. It is a little tender and my toe looks swollen. No medications being taken and no medical history
I am 18
18

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your picture.

Well as you describe, it sounds friction blister.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Clean the area with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
And afterward, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment twice a day.

Use a sterile gauze and bandage to cover it.
Use OTC Abzorb powder while wearing shoes.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton socks or slippers to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.

Also, you need to buy wider shoes for more space for your feet.

If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Thank you. This will help get rid of it all together? Or just get rid of the color?

Thanks for the follow-up.

Such measures will help in resolving all symptoms.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor