Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having really bad panic and anxiety attacks and I can’t…

Customer Question
I am having really...

I am having really bad panic and anxiety attacks and I can’t see a doctor for like 2 months can you help me with that

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Yeah I have had them after my rape in 2003 and I was on clonazpam but I quit for a while and now he out of prison and I can’t really leave the house cause of my attacks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
3/13/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Panic disorder is very difficult especially without medications. It would be important to see your doctor as there are medications such as SSRIs that can really help with this. Shorter term benzodiazapines can also be helpful. So the best thing you can do is try to see a doctor who can help you.

However, there are some natural things that can help. Herbs such as St. John’s Wort has been used as an effective treatment alternatives to prescription anxiety drugs. St. John’s Wort is backed by more research on its safety and use as an anxiety treatment, and as a treatment for mild to moderate depression. Its effectiveness in treating anxiety is yet to be confirmed.

Eliminating caffeine and alcohol, reducing your intake of sugar, sugary food products, refined carbohydrates, and foods with additives and chemicals may help lessen anxiety symptoms. To minimize headaches and other withdrawal symptoms, make reduction of caffeine intake gradual. Instead of caffeinated beverages, try drinking tea made from chamomile (or passionflower, skullcap, or lemon balm), which can relax you without causing drowsiness or addiction.

Calcium, magnesium, and vitamin B complex all contribute to the health and proper functioning of the nervous system. They also support the production of neurotransmitters, chemicals that help relay messages between nerve cells.

Exercising regularly and practice relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga, t’ai chi or progressive relaxation are all non-drug remedies that can help relieve anxiety disorders. Your routine should include cardiovascular exercise, which burns lactic acid, produces mood-enhancing chemicals called endorphins, and causes the body to use oxygen more efficiently.

Hope that is helpful.

Please let me know if you have other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!