Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has been taking Bydureon since Christmas and has…

My husband has been...

My husband has been taking Bydureon since Christmas and has had lots of nausea. For the past two weeks the nausea has actually made him vomit and he’s even had a migraine. Now since Saturday he’s developed a cough and has been puking all day. I just checked his fever and it was at 104..he took an IBP 800 and I covered him with cold cloths. If this fever comes back, should I take him to the ER? I’m really worried. I have him drinking Power Aid for liquid. He doesn’t want food. We checked his sugar and the last check was 138.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Episodic and the nausea is constant

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He’s diabetic and high blood pressure.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I still wait here?
3/13/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online. Do you still need help?

How old is your husband?

Has he abdominal pain, weakness in limbs, disorientation?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He’s 50. He has had abdominal pain. He has had weakness and disorientation just today. Maybe a gastrointestinal virus?

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

Nausea is a common side effect of Bydureon. Even headache is known side effect of it.

Having said that, vomiting, high grade fever and cough in a diabetic needs urgent evaluation. Weakness and disorientation today is also concerning. This can be pleurisy, bronchitis, pneumonia or gastrointestinal virus (as you mentioned).

He need complete blood counts, electrolytes and other metabolic panel.

He also needs a chest x-ray and ultrasound of abdomen.

You may consider going to either urgent care or emergency room today.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!!!!

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor