Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Yesterday had a massage, lay flat, face down on the table.

Customer Question
After the treatment, my right...
Yesterday had a massage, lay flat, face down on the table. After the treatment, my right eye, upper lid, sometimes twich especially if I blink hard. Not all the time though. Just sometimes. I do have mild dry eyes occasionally though. I heard the twiching could be from dry eyes and tiredness or may be I didn’t get enough sleep.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
3/13/2018
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This could be due to the dry eyes and lack of sleep causing muscle fatigue and resulting in spasms and twitches. I doubt that this has anything to do with the massage.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!​

Thank you. I don’t think it is the massage itself too. But I was thinking if I lay down face down and it might have been on the table too long. Lol
Good thing is it is not twiching all the timeZ just once a while. I even slept 6 hours but maybbe due to time change so my body is tired. So it shoulf go away soon by itself right? Anything I should do?

Yes. It should go away. Give it 2-3 days. If not, schedule an appointment with your PCP and have your eyes examined and your electrolyte levels checked.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.

Electrolytes has somehing to do with this? Possibly? How? May be i am dehydrated?
I had this before. But it would probably last about an hour hat it comes and goes. Not twiching all the time though. But this started last night.’
as it comes and goes but it has lasted for a day, it made me worried a bit

Yes, dehydration can cause electrolyte imbalance which can in turn cause muscle twitching.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Any way to level up my electrolytes?
now I should continue drinking water and water. And that should help with dry eye and muscle? Right?

Take Gatorade and lots of water.

Thank you! So for sure you dont think it is the result of the massage? It is actually a body massage, she didn’t do anything on my face at all.

Yes, i do not think so.

Please do not forget to leave 5 stars.

Best.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.