Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have terrible pain in jaw a tumor in front of ear is the…

Customer Question
I have terrible pain...

I have terrible pain in jaw a tumor in front of ear is the cause just want it to stop have a consult with surgon wedsday but its killing me

Doctor's Assistant: When did tumor begin? Have you used any medication for it?

2 months ago the dentist gave my Tylenol 3 its not even touching it he said part of my jaw is gone

Doctor's Assistant: Have you used anything besides Tylenol for this?

Antibiotics didn't work that's it

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just the pain is in my jaw and I don't feel good I've been fighting this at work so everyone else could have surgery but now the pain is bad

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Should I just go to the hozpital
3/13/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should go to the hospital if you are in severe pain

why do you say you have a tumor?

you know you have a tumor there?

if you clench your jaw frequently, you could have inflammation of your TMJ joint.

The dentist at aspan dental took a exray siad part of my jaw is where it curves one side is gone they dont know if it is cancer or just a tumor
I made a appointment with surgeon consult weekday 345
Wendsday

your dentist should have given you some pain medication.

they should have given you a copy of that jaw xray report.

you should get a neck CT scan which can look at that area as well and see if bone is eaten or destroyed

did you smoke before?

Trying not to keep spending money the hospital here is expensive and told me I need specialist

did your dentist give you pain medication

have you tried to take any advil or naproxen to help the pain?

I smoked and he didn't give me a copy of exray he showed me where one side was gone and Tylenol 3 but its not touching the pain the hospital let me go said I needed a specialist everyone is scared and I've tried ibuprofen Tylenol 3 should I go back to emergency room or call the surgeon for relief
I had to leave work I couldn't stand the pain any more
Don't want to cry in front of ppl
I'm a cashier for seven eleven
It's a span dental out of law to ok
Aspan dental out of Lawton ok
I've got a referral and paperwork on my teeth 5700 worth
go back to the hospital and ask for a ct scan of my neck and exray
Last time they didn't even exray me just said I needed a specialist the hospital was a waste of time and money

you can try to call the surgeon to see if they will be willing to call you in stronger pain medications

if he is not willing to call you in stronger pain medications

you can go to the ER and tell them you have a tumor in your jaw and give them your dentist name

and ask them for a neck CT scan

they may admit you to the hospital for pain control and have the oral surgeon at the hospital there see you for evaluation or ENT doctor at the hospital if you have a mass eating away at your mandibular bone

the hospital most likely has cancer doctors there as well who could see you in the hospital as well

the diagnosis, scans and evaluation by cancer doctors most likely go faster if you were just admitted into the hospital

and they could give you stronger pain medications while you were in the hospital

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com